Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 1:43:48 PM EDT
So my wife and I have been looking at upgrading to a bigger home.  All weekend I have been painting, putting up new trim etc and get a call from my wife that we are going to look at a house at 4pm.  So I work up to the last minute before we leave,  and were on our way.  We met the realtor at the house which wasn't what we were expecting so we left after a few minutes.  On our way back thru town a man dressed in black came running thru a 4 lane street during late afternoon.  My wife had to slam on her brakes to avoid hitting him.  Now keep in mind we didn't know what was going on at first otherwise we may have applied the brakes a bit slower.  The guy was within 5 ft of our van running full speed to the otherside of the street and thru the parking lot.  A cop was on his tail slowly and they did catch him.

Now I have had a bit of training 6 classes in all, dealing with close combat handgun and knife.  The one time I was not wearing my gun was the time we could have been in danger.  I did however have both my Benchmade griptilians on me.  Now if this guy would have had a gun and pointed it at our van with 2 small children in back and IF traffic was a factor so we could not just take off we may have been in a bit of trouble.  I could have deployed my knife while suspect was trying to enter van with the commotion of the door opening I probably could have killed him pretty easy if needed.  The knife would probably also have been a better choice seeing as there was people everywhere, but it would have been nice to have the kimber on my hip.  The time it took from the first sight of him till he was in front of our van was about 1.5 seconds (Tueller drill).  He was running full speed from about 21ft.  Makes you realize how fast things can happen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Always lock your doors.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The lock on auto about 10 seconds after driving.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quietshootr, a former member here, decided to leave his CCW in the car one evening while he stopped at an auto parts store on the way home from work, only to walk into an armed robbery of said auto parts store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top