User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 4:59:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the position of that selector [:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this how the Dead End Kids got started?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
A military summer camp to teach juvinile delinquints how to use AKs!! Does this strike anyone else as a particularly BAD idea? Oh yea, Moscow, never mind.[:K][heavy]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
That boy is probably walking around with a big o shiner right now. hahah Too funny.

Ben

EDITED TO ADD:
Did anyone look at the front of the rifle. It looks like the flash supressor has been broken off?? WTH OVER??

Ben
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]

EDITED TO ADD:
Did anyone look at the front of the rifle. It looks like the flash supressor has been broken off?? WTH OVER??

Ben
View Quote

That the "slant break" it's supposed to direct some of the gas up and right to help keep the muzle down during full auto fire.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Nyet Nyet Nyet!

Aren't they going to teach how to properly SHOULDER the rifle?

[stick]

FOTBR
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
wouldn't that slant break be very detrimental to accuracy because of the disparity between the pressure on opposite sides of the bullet as it leaves the barrel? [>:/]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A military summer camp to teach juvinile delinquints how to use AKs!! Does this strike anyone else as a particularly BAD idea? Oh yea, Moscow, never mind.[:K][heavy]
View Quote

HEE-HEE!

Can you imagine the absolute coniptions the libs would have if we set the same thing up here?

What a hoot it would be to see Sarah popping what's left of a lung on Fox News!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
wouldn't that slant break be very detrimental to accuracy because of the disparity between the pressure on opposite sides of the bullet as it leaves the barrel? [>:/]
View Quote

I don't think that anyone has ever acused the AK of being an acurate gun. It was designed to be a ruged and easy to use combat rifle, and it does a damn good job of it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Reminds me of a day at the range last year where I watched a guy with a scoped Remington get his first Weaver bite.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nyet Nyet Nyet!

[stick]

FOTBR
View Quote

Ever shot an AK with bare skin ? Leaves nice half moon marks/pinches on your shoulder from the cleaning kit port.....
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess the bullet is moving so fast that it doesn't make all that much of a difference. Not enough time for the redirected gasses to mess with the bullet going downrange.

If someone knows a better answer to this, I'm all ears since I have one of these on my Polytech AK-47S.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nyet Nyet Nyet!

[stick]

FOTBR
View Quote

Ever shot an AK with bare skin ? Leaves nice half moon marks/pinches on your shoulder from the cleaning kit port.....
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nyet Nyet Nyet!

[stick]

FOTBR
View Quote

View Quote

Yes, I have.  Yes, it leaves marks.  No worse than my SKS that I use for blasting.  Its still no excuse.  I just think that if they're going to do something, do it right.

FOTBR

edited to add:  But then again, I used to play paintball, and we didn't really pay attention to keeping the muzzle velocity of those to under 300 or 250 fps.  It wasn't uncommon for our paintguns to be shooting upwards of 400 fps.  Its a whole new ballgame when the paint's movin that fast.  It HURTS.  Maybe that has something to do with my attitude.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Not to Hijack this post but, Paintball ROCKS.........Period if you havent tried it your missing out on a great time, I have a few markers (Auto Cocker, Tippman M-98,and Viper) What markers does everyone else use?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Ouch! my eye.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That boy is probably walking around with a big o shiner right now. hahah Too funny.

Ben

View Quote

No kidding! He's gonna stamp his cheek with the receiver as soon as he cranks his first burst down range!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess the bullet is moving so fast that it doesn't make all that much of a difference. Not enough time for the redirected gasses to mess with the bullet going downrange.

If someone knows a better answer to this, I'm all ears since I have one of these on my Polytech AK-47S.
View Quote

The AK muzzle brake is extremely effective for controling muzzle climb in full auto. Never was the worlds most accurate rifle, but enough controled fire with little muzzle climb has been getting results for hundreds of millions of AK fans around the globe for over 50 years.

You take a 5'4", 130 lb NVA and give him a rifle that climbs during full auto, and he might as well be duck hunting, because the lead would be heading straight up. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#21]
My brother and his wife adopted two Russian kids, ages 2 and 4.
Some of workers at the orphanage told my brother that
if the children are not adopted by the time they
reach the age of 16,
the smart/talented kids are put into the military, like it or not.
The kids that arent recruited for military service
are released, basically under their own care.

The majority of those released are dead within
two years.
Primarily from disease and/or suicide.
Hardcore and sad!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#22]
actually I remembering going to camp carolina army summer camp down at ft jackson when I was a freshman in highschool. it was a wonderful experience, running the obsticale course, fit to win course, victory tower, marksmanship range, land nav, survival swimming, one rope bridging, first aid, and daily pt [:D]. one of my best memories from highschool.

(either that or camp mckall but thats another story [}:D]).
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My brother and his wife adopted two Russian kids, ages 2 and 4.
Some of workers at the orphanage told my brother that
if the children are not adopted by the time they
reach the age of 16,
the smart/talented kids are put into the military, like it or not.
The kids that arent recruited for military service
are released, basically under their own care.

The majority of those released are dead within
two years.
Primarily from disease and/or suicide.
Hardcore and sad!
View Quote

I'm not trying to dis your relatives, but it really irks me when people adopt from other countries. We have enough here to go around.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#24]
my guess why the rifle is not shouldered is because he can't. the stock is too long. it is actually quite a common fenomina in 3rd worlds like sierra leon, somolia etc.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't see how teaching proper firearms skills and safety will be detrimental to any youth.  Kind of like these remote retreats we have for some of our little hoodlums over here - if they learn to ride horses, I don't think that will make them more likely to become horse thieves.

Probably something along the lines of "stay out of trouble and stay in school and you can join the army and shoot cool AK's".

As for the slant break - remember - it's affecting each shot THE SAME.  Little to no effect on accuracy insofar as its role is a combat rifle.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#26]
DevilsAdvocate, Re Gunner1X's bro & sister inlaw Russki adoptees:  "I'm not trying to dis your relatives, but it really irks me when people adopt from other countries. We have enough here to go around.  "  

From what I understand the red tape/paperwork goatscrew/$$$$$$ to adopt an American child is a huge burden not to mention the potential for 'baby Jessica' situations where the birth mother (or father) changes their mind.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like fun to me. If an American kid was in the same pic, it would only be fodder for the Anti-gun pinheads. Probably paint the kid's parents as grossly negligent, and the child a deviant.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't see how teaching proper firearms skills and safety will be detrimental to any youth.  Kind of like these remote retreats we have for some of our little hoodlums over here - if they learn to ride horses, I don't think that will make them more likely to become horse thieves.

Probably something along the lines of "stay out of trouble and stay in school and you can join the army and shoot cool AK's".

As for the slant break - remember - it's affecting each shot THE SAME.  Little to no effect on accuracy insofar as its role is a combat rifle.
View Quote

I didn't say it was bad for the youths, I said it was a bad idea for society. Having worked with juvinile delinquints in the past I can say for shure that if you can rehabilitate one kid in a hundred you are doing pretty well. Lets face it most of them have made up their minds to be punks and no amount of "let me show you how much I care." will change them. And NONE of our "remote retreats" teach anything even related to firearms or violence. Showing a bad kid how to use an assault rifle then turning him loose on society, like I said and extrodinarily BAD idea.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looks like fun to me. If an American kid was in the same pic, it would only be fodder for the Anti-gun pinheads. Probably paint the kid's parents as grossly negligent, and the child a deviant.
View Quote

Well, I dunno about devient, but according to the first post, the kid is a delinquent.

FOTBR
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Guns are bad.  See they give young Seirgy a black eye.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

EDITED TO ADD:

Ben
View Quote
That the "slant break" it's supposed to direct some of the gas up and right to help keep the muzle down during full auto fire.
View Quote
That's what was on the AK I bought oh-so-many-years-ago.
nm-man asked:
wouldn't that slant break be very detrimental to accuracy because of the disparity between the pressure on opposite sides of the bullet as it leaves the barrel?
View Quote
Never seemed to affect mine.  Remember, these things aren't tack-drivers.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top