Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2002 6:52:48 AM EDT
So given I can't view the first topic of any message, is it time to use IE, or is there a fix on the way?

4.7x is old and does not support some HTML features, but gosh darn it, I LIKE IT!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You could update to the newer version of Netscape, but there are bugs in the newer versions. During AOL/Netscape takeover, alot of the old Netscape programmers got laid-off, the newer browser versions are a brand new product. I believe there was a thread about the bugs and problems regarding the new Netscape somewhere on this board. I think Microsoft's IE is probably the only game in town at the moment. I keep Netscape 4.7 around, but don't use it anymore as it doesn't display some pages correctly anymore.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Netscape 4.x is a bastard to work with, even for things as simple as javascript menus.  It is definitely time to upgrade to either IE 6 or netscape 6.  Do it and make the job easier for web developers everywhere.  Thanks.  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I would suggest that you give [url=http://www.mozilla.org]Mozilla[/url] a try.  It has a very similar interface to Netscape, yet is still being maintained and updated with the latest features.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I just installed Netscape 6.2 this weekend after I got my cable broadband installed. Just in time for the site upgrade. So far I have not had any problems with the AR15.com or anything else. Suggest you give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm using 4.7x and it seems to work now.  It didn't work earlier in the week, but works OK now.  Did things change?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I am using Netscape 6.1 and no problems.

It has occasionally crashed but it hasn't been too often and mainly if I have lots of windows open.

I don't know if which OS you're using will make a difference or not.

I'm using Mac OS-X 10.1.5 and it may act differently under Windows 200/XP/??

Netscape has a beta version of 7 available.

I'm feeling kinda bold and may try it, if I do i'll let you know if its better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top