Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/19/2008 11:43:16 AM EDT
Hey,

In case you hadn't heard:

We wanted to let you know we will be eliminating Profiles, the feature that allowed you to set up separate DVD Queues under one account, effective September 1, 2008.

Each additional Profile Queue will be unavailable after September 1, 2008. Before then, we recommend you consolidate any of your Profile Queues to your main account Queue or print them out.

While it may be disappointing to see Profiles go away, this change will help us continue to improve the Netflix website for all our customers.

If you have any questions, please go to http://www.netflix.com/Help?p_faqid=3962 or call us anytime at 1 (888) 638-3549. We apologize for any inconvenience.

- The Netflix Team

So yeah, you can't have separate queues for you and your wife. Or you and your kids, or you and whatever.

That's the ticket! Take a great feature and get rid of it.

Oh, and not automatically merge the queues. My wife is supposed to print out her queue and manually add it to mine. That's only 150 titles.

There's been some understandable uproar, here is the reply of the customer savvy suits:

Update: Netflix spokesperson Steve Swasey said that the decision to eliminate Profiles is a "final decision." Swasey also had the following to say:

Netflix is a dynamic company that continues to evolve and grow while consistently giving members to best online movie rental experience.

Think of where we were when I joined a little more than three years ago. Then, we had 2.6 million members and 35,000 titles on DVD. Today, 8.2 million members, more than 100,000 titles on DVD and more than 10,000 choices of movies and TV episodes to watch instantly on the PC and the TV.

With such dramatic growth and site and service improvements comes the occasional adjustment.

While discontinuing the Profiles feature is not desirable for the passionate folks who use it, the decision will ultimately benefit all Netflix members. By discontinuing the feature, we will be able to put more focus and resources site and service improvements that benefit everyone, consistent to how we have grown the service over the years.

/end

Fucking Lame. If Blockbuster can add a Profiles feature to their website, guess what?

Kevin "Later!"
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 11:45:03 AM EDT
I don't know anyone that uses Nutflix or Blockbusters.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 11:48:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BigDozer66:
I don't know anyone that uses Nutflix or Blockbusters.

BigDozer66

Yes you do. You know me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 11:59:54 AM EDT
Fuck Netflix with the horse they rode in on. Bunch of throttling motherhumpers.
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:03:12 PM EDT
I just signed up with Netflix Tuesday. I got my first 3 DVDs Thursday. I joined because there are alot of titles that the local rental places don't have.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:03:44 PM EDT
They get you coming and going.

Bastards!
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:10:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2008 12:11:49 PM EDT by Possum-Sandwich]

Originally Posted By Vulcan94:
I just signed up with Netflix Tuesday. I got my first 3 DVDs Thursday. I joined because there are alot of titles that the local rental places don't have.

Vulcan94

Don't watch too many of them. At the point where Netflix isn't making enough money off of you, they start slowing you down. Not acknowledging that they receive movies for a day or two, shipping movies to you from across the country, printing your return labels so your movies have to go across the country to get turned in, etc.

Goggle "Netflix throttling." They got hit with a class action lawsuit for it, so they amended their terms of service to include this language: "In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service..." But they still do it.

Hence my "fit of pique and colorful language" above.

Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:11:05 PM EDT
local blockbuster just jump prices by about 50% , SCREW THEM
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:19:09 PM EDT
Netflix has all 5 seasons of Combat! on dvd. They also have the Rat Patrol and 12 O'clock High tv episodes on dvd.

I can also watch movies online with Netflix. I've got no problems with them.

Blockbuster is tEh sUxOr!!!

Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:21:04 PM EDT
Most of their watch instant movies suck, lots of ghey films to, wtf is up with that?
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:23:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:
Most of their watch instant movies suck, lots of ghey films to, wtf is up with that?

Lots of good ol stuff on the instant catagories. Try The Bedford Incident.
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:27:57 PM EDT
Netfix is great.
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:31:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2008 12:32:25 PM EDT by doggscube]

Originally Posted By Possum-Sandwich:
Fuck Netflix with the horse they rode in on. Bunch of throttling motherhumpers.

While it's not statistically significant and is a matter of perspective, I can attest to that.

When I first discovered DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, I was ripping them to the hard drive and mailing them back the next day... shortly thereafter the turnaround times were increasing. Not just on shipping out, the standard 1-2 day to receive turned to 3-4.

Then last year Blockbuster automatically cancelled our service to get us out of the unlimited trade-in grandfathering policy.

Fuck both of them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:34:47 PM EDT
They've been talking to GoatBoy again, haven't they?

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:42:24 PM EDT

Vulcan94

Don't watch too many of them. At the point where Netflix isn't making enough money off of you, they start slowing you down. Not acknowledging that they receive movies for a day or two, shipping movies to you from across the country, printing your return labels so your movies have to go across the country to get turned in, etc.

Goggle "Netflix throttling." They got hit with a class action lawsuit for it, so they amended their terms of service to include this language: "In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service..." But they still do it.

Yeah, I know about the throttling. That why I only watch 1 dvd per day when I have them.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:52:55 PM EDT

Vulcan94

oh man, I just had this happen to me for the first time this week, after around 3 months of service. I hope it was a one time thing and not a sign of things to come.
Top Top