Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/12/2005 6:24:52 PM EDT
I just started reading the book today, although I was familiar with the plan from his radio show. I dont yet know if the book answers the question but my understanding is all taxes will be eliminated and replaced with a national sales tax.
What happens to the NFA if this is true?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:31:16 PM EDT
good point, I doubt it, but it would certainly be nice. though once word gets out as to NFA items costing no more than the price of the item and postage, I think the wait for a form 4 or form 1 will go up to about 2 years.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:32:19 PM EDT
It depends on how the "sales tax" is adjudicated. In it's purest form, it's for durable goods, I'd guess......

I'm more for it than taxing on income....Which, I believe is wrong.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:32:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:
good point, I doubt it, but it would certainly be nice. though once word gets out as to NFA items costing no more than the price of the item and postage, I think the wait for a form 4 or form 1 will go up to about 2 years.

I can live with that

They'll probably add "administratory fees" which may or may no be that $200 adjusted for inflation (scary)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:36:13 PM EDT

Your kinda missing the point TRH. If there's no tax to collect, the NFA is dead I would think. It's whole premise is based on taxing interstate commerce. If there's no tax, there's no NFA.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:37:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 6:38:04 PM EDT by TheRedHorseman]

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Your kinda missing the point TRH. If there's no tax to collect, the NFA is dead I would think. It's whole premise is based on taxing interstate commerce. If there's no tax, there's no NFA.

yes but I was assuming that the NFA would still be in effect just without the tax. now if the whole thing went tits up I'd be a giggling little fool looking to take out a loan for a milling machine and a lathe.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:39:30 PM EDT

yes but I was assuming that the NFA would still be in effect just without the tax. now if the whole thing went tits up I'd be a giggling little fool looking to take out a loan for a milling machine and a lathe.

I got room for a shop in the backyard....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:41:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 6:52:06 PM EDT by fadedsun]

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:

I got room for a shop in the backyard....

And I'll make a roadtrip to your place to help you set it up, and of course you could help me convert all my kits to FA.

ben

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:41:40 PM EDT

I'll let you know if or how he deals with this type of thing when I get through the book. If someone has already read it feel free to chime in.
ATF was originally a tax collecting agency under Treasury, but now they're under DoHS and I have no idea how that affects it.
Top Top