Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 7:52:19 AM EDT
Most of the houses on my street are seasonal cottages. We have almost no crime here, but four of them were broken into last night. Probably kids, because they concentrated on things like booze.

Sure hope I'm home if/when someone tries that here...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Time to arm the Whining Sparrow?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it sounds like HS kids on Christmas break with 'nothing' to do.  We'd usually head out to a friend's seasonal cottage on a local lake for a weekend of fishing and drinking.  No breaking in because it took away from our drinking time.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]
4 is alot in one night
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

At least time to give his mom a little shotgun instruction.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wonder what Private Rootbeer's warface looks like?

???
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Have PRB stand over the doorway.  Ready for Operation Urination.

Edit - Duurrrrr
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Kids huh?

You should tell Pvt. Rootbeer they want his presents and let HIM deal with 'em!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Kids huh?

You should tell Pvt. Rootbeer they want his presents and let HIM deal with 'em!

That would be merciless.  The intruders would be lucky if they escaped alive.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Any update?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Any update?

No news, just speculation that it was kids, judging from what was taken.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]
3 of my neighbors were also broken into.  The last one the girl that lives there was still inside.  They got in and ran out.  I guess there has been a car casing the neighborhood.  I now see and occasional cruiser just parked there with the LEO inside.  I think they just want to get the message across to move on.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#14]
UPDATE:

A neighbor woman out walking saw a kid breaking down the door of another house today, in broad daylight. She surprised him and he took off running. She didn't get a good look but said he was late teens. She's a tough one, she went looking for him and couldn't find him. She didn't see a car, and this is a cul-de-sac, so I'm starting to think it's a very local kid.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#15]
You should let several days worth of mail/newspapers collect and shut al of your shutters. Park the car around the block and wait.

Would that be baiting?

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You should let several days worth of mail/newspapers collect and shut al of your shutters. Park the car around the block and wait.

Would that be baiting?

hee hee hee....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#17]
The problem is that I'm one of the very few year-round residents here, most people won't be back until after memorial day. And I have to go to a school in Dallas for six weeks starting later this month.

In the meantime, in addition to the Kahr P9 I usually have on, my 870 full of buckshot is next to the bed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:01:10 AM EDT
[#18]
More houses were broken into last night. The kid is getting pretty bold, the whole neighborhood is watching. You can't go for a walk after dark without people turning on lights and looking out their windows.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#19]
He knows which houses are vacant and which are not. You should be able to narrow down the next likely targets.  

rj
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Almost all the houses are vacant. Most are summer homes. It's on a peninsula, with only one road off, so it's a pretty foolish place for a thief to drive a car. That's why I think it's somebody local and on foot.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd love to see what you set up for the "known coming threat" . And your "hide" .

you know what mkes a darned effctive night time "weapon" is one off those strobe flashes for cameras , "hey" , 2 secs later hit it .  I suppose at that point if you were "scarred for your life" you could torch a 12 gauge up in the air , forcing him to run headlong into a tree ! Trying to help .

FWIW I think the "racking noise" manuvor  is highly over rated , I much prefer the muffled clicking sound of the saftey .

Dazzling tech is interesting and coming along (laser) but the flashblub version is pretty good ....

I wouldnt kill the guy but I'd make sure I had to fire a warning shot in the capturing / surrender .

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe he's using a submarine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#23]
If someone breaks into your house, you should hide and cower in fear while waiting for the police to help you.

No, I don't really mean it but I wanted to see if I could say it with a straight face.  I can't.

Got a dog?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Update?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#25]
They stole the poster's computer and he can't give an update.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

A neighbor woman out walking saw a kid breaking down the door of another house today, in broad daylight. She surprised him and he took off running. She didn't get a good look but said he was late teens. She's a tough one, she went looking for him and couldn't find him. She didn't see a car, and this is a cul-de-sac, so I'm starting to think it's a very local kid.

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell her to get a copy of the local High School Year Book she will find a picture of him in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top