Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2008 9:03:19 AM EDT
My folks house has developed step crack in the basement walls.  It is 30 years old.  Cement block foundation- these I don't think are anything to be alarmed about.  Last year a chimney liner was installed and the area where they cut thru the basement wall has developed cracks- almost to the floor.  The crack do not follow the mortar lines.  Any ideas if this is bad.  No water problems or dampness as it is on high ground.

Same house thinking about having a Honeywell 225/265 whole house humidifier professionally installed.  Good one or not?  Any help there would be great.

My house needs a basic dry well for water softener discharge.  Split level so only a half basement.  The sump works and dumps into the back yard.  Again no dampness or water problems at all.  I want to do it myself as I think it's got to be pretty simple.  Is the sump pump usually used- it seems odd to me to allow the softener to discharge into the sump and then pump it out into a dry well when I could maybe hard pipe the softener discharge into the same outlet as the sump pump.  Any basic diagram of a simple system which shows how to construct one from readily available materials?  Also, I found one Internet place selling a simple dry-well do-it-yourself kit but little else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top