Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2003 3:38:25 AM EDT
Sold a small snowmobile on Ebay, and stated if the item were to be shipped, buyer would be responsible for all shipping costs.  Not a problem with this part, but who do I use to ship the sled?  Packmail?  Anybody ever ship something roughly the same size?  Any help appreciated.  Thanks a lot.

vmax84
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:14:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Cheapest way is by truck.  Strap it to a skid and cover it with carboard or shrinkwrap.  The Cartage companies will then drop ship it.  I have alot of those companies around me due to the proximity to the airport.  But it still will cost $90-150 depending where its going.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have never heard of Cartage.  I did a google search on them and it seems they are a franchise.  Is this correct?  The sled is a Yamaha Snoscoot, which is bigger than an Arctic Cat Kitty Cat and much smaller than a full size machine.  Needs to go from Michigna to Ogden Utah.  

vmax84
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Most people crate rhem and ship with Forward Air(trucking co.)usualy the best prices.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Snowscoots rock!!!
How much did you get???
Do you know trap613 on amsnow???
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Snowscoots rock!!!
How much did you get???
Do you know trap613 on amsnow???
View Quote

You're right, snoscoots are the sh$$!!!  Kids love um', 80cc little rockets.....blow the kitty cats, z-120's, etc., away big time.  They all have their specific age range, but the snoscoots flat out kick ass!!  

I've owned quite a few snoscoots over the past few years....have never lost money on them.  They really hold their value.  I've got a Snosport for the younger kid to ride, while my 9 year old has stepped up to the Ovation.  It's too fast for her, but I've got the throttle cabled adjusted so at least she thinks she's getting "maximum power".  The Snosport is just a little bigger than the Scoots, with a 120cc engine and independant front suspension.  Personally, I think the Scoots are cooler since they are narrower and easier to whip around (not that I've ever rode one.....well, nobody saw me ride um'!!).  Too bad Yamaha quit making them since they are a riot.

No, don't know that guy over there, but I'm not on that site, either.  Merry Christmas.

vmax84
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Cartage is also some times called Less Than Truckload Lots.  Call your local freight forwarders.

Palletizing and wrapping/crating is what they will want.  You probably are going to have to drain gas and oil
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
ccx
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]
LTL,otherwise listed as motor freight carriers.Roadway,Service Transport,Yellow,ABF,USF,Averitt,FEDEX LTL,ect....I drive for Service Transport,as said before,tie on a skid,preferably a superskid and wrap in shrink-wrap,if you don't have this ask carrier for it,they usually have a few sitting around on the dock.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Freight carrier...

FedEX and UPS will do it, very pricy, though...

Otherwise, DHL, Forward Air, etc...
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Try Roadway Express at

www.roadway.com/

They advertise for shipping stuff sold on ebay on their homepage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top