Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2014 5:10:17 PM EDT
Bought a new Glock Factory threaded barrel from a major online dealer. It came in the correct packaging and looked new, except it had a serial number on it. Wouldn't this be a takeoff barrel? I bought barrels in the past that did not have an S/N.

Posted in GD so I can figure this out quick!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it stamped around the barrel hood?  It's a manufacturing code that tells Glock where & when it was made, etc. Most new Glocks have the number and it doesn't match the serial number on the gun.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
No its on the side of the barrel where the S/N goes.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it stamped around the barrel hood?  It's a manufacturing code that tells Glock where & when it was made, etc. Most new Glocks have the number and it doesn't match the serial number on the gun.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
With the locking lugs in the six o'clock position, the manufacturing number will be at 9 o'clock and in a smaller font than a normal serial number. If it's on the ejecter/3 o'clock position then it's quite possibly a serial number although I'm not sure why unless it was a takeoff barrel.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I am thinking it is a takeoff barrel, which is a problem if it was sold as new.

Quoted:
With the locking lugs in the six o'clock position, the manufacturing number will be at 9 o'clock and in a smaller font than a normal serial number. If it's on the ejecter/3 o'clock position then it's quite possibly a serial number although I'm not sure why unless it was a takeoff barrel.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
mine has a serial number right about the slide serial number in the 3 o clock position
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
it could be a new take off, guys buy glocks, colt ar's, ect and strip them right away
to sell as parts.

almost everything is worth more as parts, than as a whole.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Patsy
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#8]
When it comes in a factory package I think somethings up, going to contact them Monday.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Glock factory replacement barrels, slides, and frames do have S/Ns.

OEM replacement barrels have a "L" prefix.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Glock factory replacement barrels, slides, and frames do have S/Ns.

OEM replacement barrels have a "L" prefix.

View Quote
I'm going with novaDAK.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top