Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 3/28/2010 8:31:54 AM EDT
Here's the situation.

Took my other dog to the vet for some routine vet care back in Occtober, and they had a dog there that was abandoned by her family.  She was about 8 months old.  One look at this girl, and I had to take her home; she had the most amazing blue eyes I'd ever seen on a dog.  Apparently, she had come in to the vet with some bruises and a broken rib, and by the time I got her her rib was healed but she was still nearly 20 lbs underweight.  I took her home as a foster dog, until I could find another home for her. The vet was almost at the point of giving her up to animal control.   We've had her for nearly 6 months now. In that time, she's learned how to sit, lay down and even roll over. She is house trained and crate trained.  We've named her Chloe.

Problem is, I'm PCSing to Ft. Hood and I'm going to have to get a place on-post due
to my job and the crappy economy forcing me to hang onto my house at
Bragg. The problem is, that Hood will not allow any APBT mixes in post
housing - period. I've held off writing this ad for a couple weeks
because I do like this dog.

I don't want this dog to go to just anybody. She was an abused dog, and still is afraid of new situations. She needs someone who will spend a lot of time with her to help her to gain trust. I would recommend that she not go to anyone with children under 10, because little kids may be too chaotic for her.  She's not aggressive by nature;  she is a super sweetheart.  This dog LOVES to cuddle and snuggle on the couch, gives lots of doggy kisses and follows you around like a shadow. She's energetic and loves to run around outside and play.

She comes with her pillow bed, her blanket (which she snuggles under when she sleeps), big bag of dog food and we'll throw in a bag of rawhide bones too. She's fixed and up to date on all her shots.  We'd even be willing to drive a little ways to ensure she goes to the right person.  

Her smile:

Link Posted: 3/28/2010 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry man...

Look at rescue.

ETA: IM sent with possible rescues.
Link Posted: 3/28/2010 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What a beautiful dog! I wish I could take her. I hope you find a good home for her.
Link Posted: 3/28/2010 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
so, she is fine with other dogs, how about cats? What weight is she now?

We had a pitt mix for 14 years. Best dogs with kids in the world.

Link Posted: 3/28/2010 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I am interested as well.  I have a Schipperke and a cat.  The girl would have to get along with both.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2010 1:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Right now Chloe is about 35 pounds. We figure she's mixed with a smaller terrier of some kind, maybe Rat, or Jack Russell. I've seen the messages about Pit rescues in PM's and I really don't want her to go to a rescue. I want her to go to a home. As far as getting along with other dogs, at one time we've had 3 cats and 2 other dogs ( a Yorkie and a Shepherd Mix), both she got along with fine. The only thing she doesn't share well is her bed or blanket, until she's warmed up to the other dogs.  Send me a PM if you are interested.
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you have any updates on the puppy?  What is the deadline for finding her a new home?  

Link Posted: 4/1/2010 3:03:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Our deadline for finding Chloe a home is fast approaching.  We'd really like to see her placed ASAP; before the band-aid is too hard to pull off.
 Also, we want to give the new owner a trial phase - because we want her to go to a good home.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 4:51:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but couldn't you just tell them she's a mutt?

I hope she has a good home whatever happens.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 5:54:54 AM EDT
[#10]
hopefully someone here can take her

good luck
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, let me be the first to say, WELCOME TO FORT HOOD!! Sorry, I can't be of any help with your dog situation.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Ft. Hood sucks, that is why I lived off post the whole time I was there.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I have adopted the doggie, and she is doing well so far.  It has been a day of adjustment, but she is getting along with my dog pretty well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have adopted the doggie, and she is doing well so far.  It has been a day of adjustment, but she is getting along with my dog pretty well.

Dude, you ROCK !!!!

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Great news for all concerned.  

Here's hoping for continued happiness for all parties.

Nice doggy!  
Link Posted: 4/4/2010 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Today, I took Chloe and my dog Midnite to my parents' house for Easter.  We stopped at a few houses while we were there.  Chloe probably met a couple dozen people, and a dozen or so dogs.  She was a perfect angel with all of them.  

So far, things are working out well.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2010 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I am glad to hear that she has been given a good home and that she is doing well so far.
Link Posted: 4/4/2010 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Today, I took Chloe and my dog Midnite to my parents' house for Easter.  We stopped at a few houses while we were there.  Chloe probably met a couple dozen people, and a dozen or so dogs.  She was a perfect angel with all of them.  

So far, things are working out well.  

Damn good thing you did there! I think you will find that pits and pit mix type dogs are some of the best out there! I've had them for over 20 years and never had any issues with any of the 7 we have had. All have been trustworthy. Great dogs!
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OUTFUCKINGSTANDING News!!!  

Way to start off the week! Thank you for stepping up and doing a very good thing, I hope you have great life with your new girl, give her a pat on the head for us.

Link Posted: 4/5/2010 5:17:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

great news
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I will give her a pat for each of you guys.  She loves attention.  

This morning, she stayed in her bed until I was ready to get up.  That is outstanding.  

This will be her first day at home with just my other dog.  Hopefully, they won't get into too much trouble.
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I will give her a pat for each of you guys. She loves attention.

This morning, she stayed in her bed until I was ready to get up. That is outstanding.

This will be her first day at home with just my other dog. Hopefully, they won't get into too much trouble.

Good to hear.

Is she sleeping in her bed or has she moved up to yours yet?

The wife an I are very glad to hear that she's found someone who will give her a great home. We really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I was seriously thinking about it but someone beat me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was seriously thinking about it but someone beat me.

you snooze, you lose!  

in either case, she got a good home and will hopefully have a long healthy life.

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Great news. I love when these things end on a positive note.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Chloe is doing great.  She and my other dog Midnite are warming up to each other.  My cat likes Chloe, but he cannot stand Midnite.  So, she is a sweet girl.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Chloe is doing great.  She and my other dog Midnite are warming up to each other.  My cat likes Chloe, but he cannot stand Midnite.  So, she is a sweet girl.

Awesome to hear! I'm glad she is adjusting well.

Link Posted: 4/30/2010 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Thats f%$#ing awesome.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Chloe and Midnite continue to do well together.  Chloe hung out with my parents today.  She slept on the couch with my mom for a couple of hours which made mom really happy.  The dogs are hanging out with me right now, and we are listening to Billy Idol.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#31]
You Sir are the MAN
Link Posted: 5/10/2010 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Glad to here Chloe is doing so well in her new family.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Chloe and Midnite are beginning to display more pack behaviour.  It is very interesting to watch.  Originally, I didn't trust them to be alone.  Monday, they were alone together for four hours.  Yesterday, it was six hours.  They are starting to get a pretty good bond.  

I wanted Midnite to have a companion when I am at the range.  Chloe is working out well for him.
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 4:50:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Chloe and Midnite are beginning to display more pack behaviour.  It is very interesting to watch.  Originally, I didn't trust them to be alone.  Monday, they were alone together for four hours.  Yesterday, it was six hours.  They are starting to get a pretty good bond.  

I wanted Midnite to have a companion when I am at the range.  Chloe is working out well for him.

Awesome update, glad to hear things are continuing to go well.

Thanks again for stepping up and doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 4:59:11 AM EDT
[#35]
well she looks like a

American Staffordshire
Terrier

to me

sorry for your loss btw

Quoted:

Here's the situation.

Took my other dog to the vet for some routine vet care back in Occtober, and they had a dog there that was abandoned by her family.  She was about 8 months old.  One look at this girl, and I had to take her home; she had the most amazing blue eyes I'd ever seen on a dog.  Apparently, she had come in to the vet with some bruises and a broken rib, and by the time I got her her rib was healed but she was still nearly 20 lbs underweight.  I took her home as a foster dog, until I could find another home for her. The vet was almost at the point of giving her up to animal control.   We've had her for nearly 6 months now. In that time, she's learned how to sit, lay down and even roll over. She is house trained and crate trained.  We've named her Chloe.

Problem is, I'm PCSing to Ft. Hood and I'm going to have to get a place on-post due to my job and the crappy economy forcing me to hang onto my house at Bragg. The problem is, that Hood will not allow any APBT mixes in post housing - period. I've held off writing this ad for a couple weeks because I do like this dog.

I don't want this dog to go to just anybody. She was an abused dog, and still is afraid of new situations. She needs someone who will spend a lot of time with her to help her to gain trust. I would recommend that she not go to anyone with children under 10, because little kids may be too chaotic for her.  She's not aggressive by nature;  she is a super sweetheart.  This dog LOVES to cuddle and snuggle on the couch, gives lots of doggy kisses and follows you around like a shadow. She's energetic and loves to run around outside and play.

She comes with her pillow bed, her blanket (which she snuggles under when she sleeps), big bag of dog food and we'll throw in a bag of rawhide bones too. She's fixed and up to date on all her shots.  We'd even be willing to drive a little ways to ensure she goes to the right person.  

Her smile:

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/ChingChingPow/Chloe4.jpg

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/ChingChingPow/Chole3.jpg

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/ChingChingPow/S8300579.jpg

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/ChingChingPow/S8300626.jpg

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/ChingChingPow/S8300643.jpg

Link Posted: 5/14/2010 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#36]
man im glad someone took her. i wanted her the moment i saw her. thanks for doing a good thing man. oh ya my dog just dropped 15 puppies if anyone else wants a dog...........im me, pleeeease
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#37]
AR-180, Glad you adopted her.  She is beautiful, and I'm glad it is working out.  I have some collars and harnesses that my dogs don't use any more.  IM or email me if you would like me to send some of the gear to you.  

I love a happy ending, or in this case the happy beginning of Chloe's forever home is the happy ending.

And the original poster deserves alot of credit for fostering Chloe and showing the love to help her out.  Lots of good "karma" for both of you.  Both of you folks are tops in my book.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I have tried emailing the fellow who helped out Chloe a couple of times, but aren't sure if the email is getting through.  I was trying to get him something to say thanks, but never heard back..

If you are still out there and would still the equipment you noted in your email, let me know where to send it.  And thanks from/for Chloe.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I am still here.  I have been busy with the pups.  Here is a new picture from this evening.  

They are doing great together now.  Chloe is still learning, but she does better and better all the time.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Good on ya !  You have a gold star next to your name in
the big book.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I have tried emailing the fellow who helped out Chloe a couple of times, but aren't sure if the email is getting through.  I was trying to get him something to say thanks, but never heard back..

If you are still out there and would still the equipment you noted in your email, let me know where to send it.  And thanks from/for Chloe.

Sorry man, been PCSing to Ft. Hood and just got my internet today.

Glad to hear Chloe is doing well and thanks for the pic!

Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top