Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 10:45:04 PM EDT
I'm fixing the drainage issues at my driveway. All the areas uphill converge at the corner of my drive so I'm planning on making a small "catch basin" (for lack of a better term) and will have 140' of 15" double wall culvert pipe exiting under the driveway.

I already dug the little retention area and swaled everything to drain into it.

What I'm unsure of is the best way to finish off the basin area and what the backfill the pipe trench with. My current plan is to level the bottom of the trench with 2b and backfill with 2b to a few inches above the pipe. I was going to fill the rest with shale and then a few inches of topsoil. Not sure if this is the best way to go about it or not

For the little basin area I'm thinking of a few inches of gravel on the bottom then a layer of two of ground cloth. Then maybe finish off with some larger stone. The basin is about 15' diameter and slopes to about 2' for at the drainage end. It's kind of a horse shoe shape with the flat end being where the pipe will start

I'm also considering forming around the beginning of the pipe and pouring a few in thick "wall" of concrete to protect the end of the pipe in case someone would somehow cut the corner and run over it. Plus I think it would look better

Any thoughts?
Top Top