Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 11:21:20 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Sometime back someone posted an AWESOME dashcam video of a Highway Patrolman in a high speed chase.  Right in the middle of the chase a deer jumps out in front of him and the car hits the deer at about 100 or so MPH.  This video was made all the cooler by being set to the song "Cool the Engines" by Boston ( or so I believe.....may have been something else ) and that REALLY set the whole thing off.  Does anyone have a link to that video???

Thanks guys!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey guys,

Sometime back someone posted an AWESOME dashcam video of a Highway Patrolman in a high speed chase.  Right in the middle of the chase a deer jumps out in front of him and the car hits the deer at about 100 or so MPH.  This video was made all the cooler by being set to the song "Cool the Engines" by Boston ( or so I believe.....may have been something else ) and that REALLY set the whole thing off.  Does anyone have a link to that video???

Thanks guys!!!

don't know but I'm tagging the thread
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have it - somewhere.

Hopefully I can find it quickly for you. I'll try to upload it to my server today if I can make some room on it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh sooo sweet!!!!  I hope you find it!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]
here ya go

home.comcast.net/~npd233/DeerHit.wmv

edit: It wasn't a chase, just responding to a call. I never tasted venison tar-tar, and hope to never have to.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
cool video, and wtf is with the hair-band music!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
cool video, and wtf is with the hair-band music!

Boston is a hair band?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy shit.

That was quick.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for puting it back up.

lumper.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Love this place!!!  Thanks npd!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh shit! I'll bet that officer nearly crapped himself!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Love this place!!!  Thanks npd!!!!!

Welcome. I had it attached to an email someone sent to me at work. I just had to find it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Oh shit! I'll bet that officer nearly crapped himself!

Seriously, I would have screamed like a little girl!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like the deputy tried (in vain) to stop - you can see the cruiser lurch forward as he stomped on the brakes a second before impact.

He probably said: "OH F*CK!" when he saw the deer coming at him.

Well, the department will have to issue the deputy a new cruiser.

And the deer?

The guys at the station house probably had him for dinner.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Is that Napa County, California? Or a different Napa County? License plate is hard to read.

NTM
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#16]
That was some serious taggage.

Damn...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

He probably said: "OH F*CK!" when he saw the deer coming at him.

LOL, no kidding.  A few years ago me and my friend would go camping in the woods, and the vehicle we took was a VW Baja.  It was the perfect "go anywhere" little POS car.  One night we decided to head out on the dark highway for some reason.  He was being careful to stay around 40 mph, but you can never really go too slow.

All of the sudden two damn elk run right out in front of us, and I'm not one to freak out about anything, but I shouted "Oh shit!" and my buddy slammed on the brakes!  Smoke and tire smell was all around us.  I knew if we hit the damn thing we were fucked without any protection in the front of that VW.  We never did that again.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I hate seeing that deer coming like that,there is not a damn thing you can do to avoid it. I have hit two of them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I hate seeing that deer coming like that,there is not a damn thing you can do to avoid it. I have hit two of them.

Now imagine an ELK!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now imagine an ELK!!!!

Or a moose!

When I was in Israel being driven down to Arad, I was told to keep an eye out for Camels...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Fucked that buck up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a friend whose dad hit a deer on a motorcycle. He was flung off his bike, suffered a major concussion and was left for dead in the middle of nowhere. As he recalls a truck FINALLY pulls up, some redneck gets out, looks at his shatterd helmet, takes the dead deer and drives away without doing anything.
Some woman discovered him stumbleing down the road hours later and took him to the hospital.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

We had a State Trooper die here back in the 90's when he hit a horse and it ended up in the front seat with him

Happens to fast, probably better that way most of the time though, know of one person in a wheelchair now and another that is dead from swerving to miss animals (rollovers & trees).

I have hit a deer in a Eagle Talon running about 70  ($2500 in damage) and then a couple of months later hit a huge wild hog with a 2WD Nissan pickup, damn hear totaled that one. They just came out of nowhere.  State Farm was hating me and my $100 deductible at the time
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have a friend whose dad hit a deer on a motorcycle. He was flung off his bike, suffered a major concussion and was left for dead in the middle of nowhere. As he recalls a truck FINALLY pulls up, some redneck gets out, looks at his shatterd helmet, takes the dead deer and drives away without doing anything.
Some woman discovered him stumbleing down the road hours later and took him to the hospital.

HOLY CRAP!!!!  I was going to say, "Only in the South"....but I know shit like that happens here, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top