Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2017 7:41:33 PM EDT
So, I am recovering from a Tib/Fib fracture from back at the end of May. I have an appointment with my Orthopedic surgeon on Thursday. I'm hope to be allowed 100% weight bearing and be allowed to go back to work. The issue is that I don't feel like I can support myself unaided just yet and really don't want to be stuck with crutches anymore. So my question for the Hive is what canes do ya'll have and what would you suggest? I have been considering a Brazos cane but am not really sure. I really would like something that could be used to knock a few heads if it came to it, being as how I work in a no carry environment. So, what say the Hive, what ya'll got?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Just today I bought my second cane similar to that. I have been to "touristy" gift shops and was able to hand pick both.

One I have had for two years, and today I found a second one that felt right, and had the look I like.

There are basically two "grades" so to speak.  Some light weight and some are made of heavier wood and are recommended over the others for persons weighing over 250-300 lbs.

They are very sturdy and add a bit of weight to persuade someone when used for self defense.

If you go to ebay and search "root handle canes" you will see some nice examples.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Everyone I know who has one says they are wonderful, and they never want anything else.

Hurrycane
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a tri-mal fracture and didn't need a cane.  IIRC, my doc transferred me from crutches to full weight bearing about a month or two after my surgery.  I may have used a single crutch for a little while.

With that said, if I needed a cane, I'd go big and get a AOW can gun.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Car Cane As Seen On TV Commercial | Buy Car Cane | As Seen On TV Car Grip Tool
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I mis-understood the thread title.

Soooo...  No dumb joke.

Hope and pray you get better fast!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Some people in my area use a cane crafted out of a bulls dick, at least that is what they claimed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]

These kind seem popular around here
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Dick move bro 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Unfortunately the state of Ohio looks poorly on sword canes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#12]
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/us-whip-wooden-cane-36-in

Just add a 1" rubber furniture tip from Home Depot or Lowes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dick move bro 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dick move bro 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, I am recovering from a Tib/Fib fracture from back at the end of May. I have an appointment with my Orthopedic surgeon on Thursday. I'm hope to be allowed 100% weight bearing and be allowed to go back to work. The issue is that I don't feel like I can support myself unaided just yet and really don't want to be stuck with crutches anymore. So my question for the Hive is what canes do ya'll have and what would you suggest? I have been considering a Brazos cane but am not really sure. I really would like something that could be used to knock a few heads if it came to it, being as how I work in a no carry environment. So, what say the Hive, what ya'll got?
View Quote
These people are quality, down the road from my home.  Buy it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Burger or Burgur canes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top