Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 10:50:07 PM EDT
Anyone have a source for a regular length Argentine FM HI Power slide?  I think Sarco has the "detective" kits with the shorter slide and barrel.  I need the slide only.  Any FFL's maybe have a line?

EDIT:  Would an FN slide work?  Could I get one of those easier?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:48:26 AM EDT
[#1]
yes, any FN/browning or FEG slide would work. I recently sold an FEG slide that I didn't need. You may want to check www.fnhipower.com since slides turn up there from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I bet that Sarco in NJ will have parts.  Their web site is something like sarcoinc.com.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:21:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
You can buy mine, but you have to guy the rest of the gun too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Never mind guys, thanks for replying, but I fixed it!!!!!

There was a circular groove in the breechface around the firing pin.  Apparently the tool had a burr when it was milled.  This groove also had sharp edges, and was bad enough that a cartridge rim would catch on it occasioinally and the gun would jam with the fresh round partially chambered.  I carefully polished the breech face with a dremel and a fine stone, then a felt pad with metal polish.  I didn't get it out completely (it's too deep), I only polished down the centerline of the slide, in a line from the firing pin hole to the bottom of the slide.  While I was at it, I polished the feed ramp to a nice mirror finish.  It cycles like butter now, with NO hangups.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top