Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 9:50:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 9:50:43 PM EST by TheKill]
Anyone have a source for a regular length Argentine FM HI Power slide? I think Sarco has the "detective" kits with the shorter slide and barrel. I need the slide only. Any FFL's maybe have a line?

EDIT: Would an FN slide work? Could I get one of those easier?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:48:26 AM EST
yes, any FN/browning or FEG slide would work. I recently sold an FEG slide that I didn't need. You may want to check www.fnhipower.com since slides turn up there from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:19:18 AM EST
I bet that Sarco in NJ will have parts. Their web site is something like sarcoinc.com.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:21:01 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:21:13 AM EST
You can buy mine, but you have to guy the rest of the gun too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:34:34 PM EST
Never mind guys, thanks for replying, but I fixed it!!!!!

There was a circular groove in the breechface around the firing pin. Apparently the tool had a burr when it was milled. This groove also had sharp edges, and was bad enough that a cartridge rim would catch on it occasioinally and the gun would jam with the fresh round partially chambered. I carefully polished the breech face with a dremel and a fine stone, then a felt pad with metal polish. I didn't get it out completely (it's too deep), I only polished down the centerline of the slide, in a line from the firing pin hole to the bottom of the slide. While I was at it, I polished the feed ramp to a nice mirror finish. It cycles like butter now, with NO hangups.
Top Top