Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 7:25:33 AM EDT
Cetme MO-58     $800.00

FAL Sporter         $700.00

HK-G3                  $700.00

basically, these are some of the "out the door" prices at a local shop here. These come with the basic accessories, couple mags etc. I know these can be found over the internet cheaper but I really want to buy local so I have some kind of back-up.

I know AR's are the name of the game here but I've seen some good .308 discussions too.

So tell me....are these any good?....do they suck?....is there a better direction to go?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#1]
G3
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
DSA STG58,

www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.cfm?Category=04&storeid=1&CFID=6490028&CFTOKEN=41614498

I like the DSA stuff but I can't go that high, plus I heard their delivery time is 6-8 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DSA STG58,

www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.cfm?Category=04&storeid=1&CFID=6490028&CFTOKEN=41614498

I like the DSA stuff but I can't go that high, plus I heard their delivery time is 6-8 weeks.

It's worth the wait to save a little more. They are the best you can buy. Down the road, patience will pay off.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#5]
A real hk G3 for 700$??? if it isn't hot or in formidable condition, buy that and sell it for it's real value
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A real hk G3 for 700$??? if it isn't hot or in formidable condition, buy that and sell it for it's real value

Just to be anal, it's obviously not a "G3" since it would cost over $10,000 (I wonder how many of those even exist in the U.S. in the NFA registry), and at $700 I highly doubt it is a real HK either - which you are right, could easily be resold for $1500.

My guess is it's one of those "clone" HK91s that can be had from between $400 to $800 depending on the quality of the U.S.-made receiver, the kit and who built it.

Personally, I'd probably go with the FAL clone, if I needed a .308 - my impression is that the FAL clones seems to be a little more reliable than the HK/Cetme clones.  But I guess it's all a crapshoot if they are put together by Century.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to be anal, it's obviously not a "G3" since it would cost over $10,000 (I wonder how many of those even exist in the U.S. in the NFA registry), and at $700 I highly doubt it is a real HK either - which you are right, could easily be resold for $1500.

My guess is it's one of those "clone" HK91s that can be had from between $400 to $800 depending on the quality of the U.S.-made receiver, the kit and who built it.

Personally, I'd probably go with the FAL clone, if I needed a .308 - my impression is that the FAL clones seems to be a little more reliable than the HK/Cetme clones.  But I guess it's all a crapshoot if they are put together by Century.

I know, my sarcasm was not very well shown in that post was it. I figured its probably a JLD or something.
The red made me laugh, only because it is true.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah.....that seems to be the impression I've been getting. As far as the HK, I think it's just an HK receiver with other various parts.

That's really been my problem....I've heard so many different things from some of these gunstores around here that my head is spinning. One guys say's Imbel sucks...another says they're good.
Another swears by JLD for a good affordable rifle, the next "has never heard of it".

I guess there are alot more variables than I'd prepared myself for.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#9]
FAL
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#10]
there is nothing wrong with Imbel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top