Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/5/2006 9:31:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:33:25 AM EDT
IBTP.

She must come home to lie in sin with you at night.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:33:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:34:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:35:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:

Originally Posted By 50cal:
Seems she wants a little vacation. If you can't trust her, she isn't worth having.

It's not about trust, I just completely don't see the point.

You are not the only one.

She is being unreasonable.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:37:54 AM EDT
I say stick to your guns. Nothing unreasonable about what you're asking.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:38:19 AM EDT
Best just let her do it as long as they aren't guys.

You don't own her, and, yo aren't married, so, I'd just back off.

Best thing you can do is act like you don't need her.

Go see some buddys and go shoot, and, hang out.

Don't call her, make her call you.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:39:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Goonboss:
Best just let her do it as long as they aren't guys.

You don't own her, and, yo aren't married, so, I'd just back off.

Best thing you can do is act like you don't need her.

Go see some buddys and go shoot, and, hang out.

Don't call her, make her call you.

+1

I'd add....pack her shit and leave it on the doorstep for her to find when she get's back from her little "vacation".

BC
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:40:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:41:55 AM EDT

Live in GF's friends are coming back to town from college for a week, they are her age (24) and married. They will be staying about 15 minutes away from my house at her parents house. GF has that week off to spend time with them, today informs me that she might be staying over there possibly up to 5 nights. I said huh? She says that she hasn't seen them in 6 months and wants to spend some time with them. I said fine but at the end of the evening come home. She says I am being unreasonable and trying to keep her from seeing her friends.

Poll coming

Your poll is obviously written by a democrat. Both answers go your way. Actually, the question is whether or not she can be trusted. What is the difference in what she can do with them during the night that she can't in the day time. If she will be spending all day with them, then anything can happen any way. Which "her" parents is it? your GF or her friends? If at your GFs parents house, then there is absolutely nothing wrong.

Why don't you just try to explain to your GF that you would prefer to spend the nights with her instead of telling the GF that you don't want her to spend that time with her friends. The first, may sound a little selfish, but the latter sounds way too controlling. At least with my explanation, it seems more that you care for her and not for owning her.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:44:09 AM EDT

Seems she wants a little vacation. If you can't trust her, she isn't worth having.

The point is, she wants to spend ALL her time with these people and NONE with you. You just don't rate comapred to these 'friends'. That would hurt my feelings to the point of no return.

I'd tell her exactly that.....then kick her to the curb.....you deserve somebody that values you above anybody else!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:44:22 AM EDT

I don't either.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:48:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Defcon:
Sounds kind of strange. 15 mins is nothing to drive. If she was gonna spend a night or 2 I could see it, but 5?

Not saying she is up to something but it sure smells like it.

+1...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:48:10 AM EDT
Hell,I'd ENCOURAGE her to go.Then,I'd sneak over there in the middle of the night and jump in NEKKID!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:48:36 AM EDT

Well then what is it about...

It is either you don't trust her... or it is about control. If you really trust her then what is the problem.

Or you could just be exceptional horny.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:50:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dave15:
Hell,I'd ENCOURAGE her to go.Then,I'd sneak over there in the middle of the night and jump in NEKKID!

You are not from Alabama...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:52:33 AM EDT
Treat it like a vacation for yourself. Tell her you will be going out and seeing friends, might be out all night as well, who knows. Just leave it open and shrug, tell her you'll find something to do while she's gone.

She will be staying at her parents' house. The friends are going to be staying at your girlfriends parents' house too correct ? Maybe she just wants to spend a little time alone with HER family and friends and wants a break.

Not much different than a man spending the weekend out at the hunting camp with just the guys for example.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:58:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LANCEMAN:
Treat it like a vacation for yourself. Tell her you will be going out and seeing friends, might be out all night as well, who knows. Just leave it open and shrug, tell her you'll find something to do while she's gone.

She will be staying at her parents' house. The friends are going to be staying at your girlfriends parents' house too correct ? Maybe she just wants to spend a little time alone with HER family and friends and wants a break.

Not much different than a man spending the weekend out at the hunting camp with just the guys for example.

+1
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:01:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 10:01:46 AM EDT by 1GUNRUNNER]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:01:20 AM EDT
First, Don't apply logic to women. If you do, you lose.

Second, if you don't trust her, dump her. It's not worth the trouble otherwise.

Third, get your caveman knuckles off the ground. You don't own her, and you're not married. Make her an honest woman (marry her) or chill out.

Just my 2 cents worth... Good luck.. fullclip
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:02:05 AM EDT
Forest?
Forest, is that you?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:04:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:04:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 10:06:13 AM EDT by bastiat]
The best advice is from the people telling you to live it up while she's gone.

Don't just sit at home moping around (or sit on arfcom posting). Go out with friends, go to bars, hell, go to strip clubs if you want to. Live it up.

Make a concerted effort to have fun without her. Don't check up on her, either. Just let her do her thing and you do yours. But have more fun doing it.

Oh, and don't tell her about it either. Just be really happy while she's gone. That will driver her crazy. Make her ask what you did to get it out of you. And don't ask what she did as well. Just ask her if she had a good time and leave it at that.

If it sounds like it's a game, it is. She started it with her idiotic idiot to spend five nights at another house that is fifteen minutes away. She's playing some kind of female game, and the only way you're going to 'win' is to change the rules and play your own. She expects you to sit around and wait for her while she has her fun. Don't do it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:24:14 AM EDT
So she's 24... you're a couple of years older, correct?

Originally Posted By bastiat:
If it sounds like it's a game, it is. She started it with her idiotic idiot to spend five nights at another house that is fifteen minutes away. She's playing some kind of female game, and the only way you're going to 'win' is to change the rules and play your own. She expects you to sit around and wait for her while she has her fun. Don't do it.

Sounds good to me. She's either playing this game to:

• Goad you into some sort of action or further commitment? (once he realizes how much he misses me he'll ask me to marry him and we'll live happily ever after in the Land of Make Believe!)

• Pretend she doesn't know you for 5 days

• Fuck around on you

Otherwise, it makes no sense. They're not her parents so there aren't any familial ties there, and she can't spend time with her friends while they're asleep. Unless, of course. they don't plan on sleeping and are thinking about some raunchy threesome with hairless goats, 10w40, and jumper cables.

I for one know that in this situation (friends in town and my place 15 min away) I would rather spend the night in my own bed.

I agree with the sentiment that you should play the game but play it better than her. Live it up. Have fun. Do what bastiat said. Also, ignore the "make her an honest woman" crowd. She's an adult and she's perfectly capable of leaving any time she starts feeling dishonest.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:31:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:

Exactly.

What is the main clue to me that is what it is?

She says I am being unreasonable and trying to keep her from seeing her friends.

All I know, is my wife would have never even considered doing something like this when we were living together. IMO your relationship is nearing it's end. I'd just move on dude.

Oh, and if you are going out like bastiat says, get laid.

Yeah, I am the devil.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:32:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:34:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:38:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
you are not married. she is an adult and can pretty much do what she wants. I don't see a problem ith her staying their for 5 nights to visit if she wants. If they sit up drinking late that might even be a preferable option to her driving home late with a buzz.

if you can't trust her now, your not gonna trust her on something that counts.

Well, it is my opinion that she is pretty much smacking him upside the head with a baseball bat that has "You can't trust me" burned into it.

I suppose that if you come home and find her sitting naked on some guys lap you'd say the same.

Bottom line is that this is a symptom and a sign of a failing relationship. The whole thing is bizarre...strange. Are you sure she isn't bi?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:38:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:39:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 10:39:09 AM EDT by 1GUNRUNNER]
See link above
Top Top