Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 5:19:35 PM EDT
Alright, here's the deal.  I need some restaraunt recomendations.
I'm taking a girl out to dinner Wednesday night.  I met her once before, but this is going to be the first time I'm going to spend any time with her.  She lives in Chelsea, so close to that area would be convienient.  

I'm looking for somewhere kinda casual.  I haven't spent any time in the city for about 8 years, so I'm really out of touch with good places to go.

Thank you guys!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Alright, here's the deal.  I need some restaraunt recomendations.
I'm taking a girl out to dinner Wednesday night.  I met her once before, but this is going to be the first time I'm going to spend any time with her.  She lives in Chelsea, so close to that area would be convienient.  

I'm looking for somewhere kinda casual.  I haven't spent any time in the city for about 8 years, so I'm really out of touch with good places to go.

Thank you guys!

Balthazar on Spring St is worth a shot. As is Odeon on Broadway. Not too far from where she lives
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only been to the city twice, but I've found good food on Resturant Row. Not sure how close that is. Not up on my NYC geography.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
March

405 East 58th Street.

You'll wow her.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Not really close to there but one of my favoirte restaurants is Victors Cafe on 52nd street... I think its between 7th and 8th ave. Its a very very very good Cuban restaurant.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Vincent's on Mott and Hester in Little Italy, try the linguine with the medium sauce, and the bsicuits in garlic and oil....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Carmines?

Went to a couple interesting bars in Manhattan: Live Bait (Bar) 14 East 23rd Street
New York, NY  10010  and the Dive Bar (as in diver, but its still a dive but neat place)Dive Bar

If you were in Queens and liked German food, this place is great.
Zum Stammtisch

Try looking here too.
City Guide
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Optimal "wow your date" place that is very close to Chelsea - "Blue Water Grill" at the north end of Union Square. Excellent seafood and the right hip atmosphere. Get a reservation _now_.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top