Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 5:28:15 PM EDT
Okay, I got my rifle and it shoots great although the trigger leaves something to be desired, any suggestions as to replacing the trigger?   Found a Volquartsen Ruger 10/22 Extended Magazine Release for $17 on Gunbroker, is that a good name brand?

I want to get a Hogue stock and a bull/target bbl, was thinking Hogue fluted bbl, or your suggestions.  Also, any suggestions that would lead to a better, more accurate, varmint gun would be a big help.

Am getting a printer/scanner tomorrow and plan on posting pics after I complete this project.  

Thanks for the help guys,
Iso
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Although I never dressed up a basic 10/22 I did have one of the factory "T" rifles.

Stainless, spiral heavy bbl., laminated stock etc.

I put in a drop in Volquartzen trigger group...it provided a much needed improvment over the factory components and was easy to do if you are even somewhat mechanically inclined.  Much better trigger than the rifle came with.

I do know that Hogue and Butler Creek provide lots of goodies for the 10/22 and from what I have heard are farily reputable in their offerings.

My own rifle, after the trigger group mod, shot excellent 50-75 yd groups with quality ammo.

It has been so long... but I think I recall getting almost one hole 5 shot groups at 50 yds with little effort.

Regardless of actual moa or sub moa the rifle shot better than anyone could have wanted.

Very nice squirrel buster and black-bird popper.

Good luck in your mods!
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]

There are several good websites that you can check out that will answer all your questions.
  Here are a few......

[url]www.rimfirecentral.com[/url]
  [url]www.ontargetguns.com[/url]
  [url]www.volquartsen.com[/url]

To answer your question more directly, yes Volquartsen is among the best for 10/22 accessories but they do get expensive. There are a  lot more companies out there that also do a fine job helping you fix up your Ruger.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Isomerase,
  I just got done building mine.

I've got about 600.00 into it.
Hogue OverMold stock
A&B 18.5" Heavy bbl
Volq Trigger Guard 2000 (It has the extended Mag release, auto bolt release, AWESOME trigger, overtravel adjustment, all the goodies)
Power Custom Weaver Base
Power Custom Sharp Claw extractor
Leupold QRD Rings
Simmons 4.5x14x40AO WTC scope
5 10 round Mags
Harris 6-9" Bipod
Butler Creek Sling

I haven't really shot it that much, put about 50 rounds through it on a cold, windy, finger numbing day. I managed about .50 at 50 yards, not bad, but it will do better! I want to bed the action, and play around with it some more.

Here is a pic. Sorry, no pic.. forgot how crappy my camera is.

-Jared

Any  questions email me.

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Fajen Thumbhole Stock
Lilja Stainless 21" barrel
Volquartsen Trigger Guard 2000
Leupold Quick Release Base & Rings
Nikon Monarch 3x9x40
Power Custom Extractor

Grizzly660,

Would you recommend the Harris Bipod? Or do you think I really need it? Mine is mainly just a squirrel exterminator with just a little range work.

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Iso,

I love my (oops, I mean my wifes) 10/22.  I started with the 10/22T with bull barrel.

Yes, Volquartsen is a good  name in 10/22s.  For a better trigger, and other features you will want, get the Action Kit Plus.  This includes:

Volquartsen's Ultra Match hammer, sear and disconnector. Also included is a vibration dampening bolt stop pin.  Also includes an extended magazine release and an automatic bolt release.

Don't do it peicemeal.  Bite the bullet and drop all these parts in right away.  I also suggest Volquartsen's "Exact Edge" Extractor.  

Total for all these parts at OnTarget is $121.50 for the Action Kit with Extended Bolt Release  and auto bolt release, and $9.90 for the Extractor.

The links provided by Blackeye are a great source of info on the 10/22.

Warning, installation of these parts I think is difficult.  Make sure you go to Rimfirecentral and ask where the directions are.  They WILL help.  You'll still spend some quality hours with the project.

Here's mine (err, my wifes) 10/22 on a Boyds Blaster stock.  I have since (today) upgraded to a Weaver T36 scope:

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=jimmybcool&album_id=59083&image_id=6&courtesy=1[/img]

Good luck.

James
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Here ya go:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=102657[/url]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#9]
BlackEye,
  I really like the bipod.. Its nice, Works out great for bench work, as well as  prone... if you do alot of prone, or bench, I'd say get it.

-Jared
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top