Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 6:48:23 AM EDT
It seems my machine is slower than normal. I suspect spyware. I remember reading about  free removal spftware that CONTAINED more spyware.

Who has a known good source ?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to Cnet.com and dl Spybot search and destroy.  free and free updates.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Ad-aware www.lavasoftusa.com/
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to Zdnet.com and download Adaware and Spycop latest versions.  Each cast a slightly different net, so with 2 apps you are more likely to catch everything.  

Also, if you aren't using a good firewall and shutting off MS Messenger, it won't matter what you do.  If you need a firewall, ZoneAlarm is free (also at ZdNet).  It's easy to configure and has fairly robust security for a home user.  Make sure you kill MS Messenger.  If using IE 6.0 or above, I advise increasing privacy settings to high, and max the temporary internet file folder to 1MB - If you have broadband all setting it high does is use up disk space anyway.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Ad-aware   If I remember you can get it at Lavasoft
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
www.lavasoftusa.com/

I have used this program for over a year  and it works very good.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Spybot S&D and Ad-aware.

get both.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys

scrum
Thanks for the broadband tips
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Spybot S&D and Ad-aware.

get both.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top