Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2005 1:03:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2005 1:03:08 PM EDT by 1GUNRUNNER]
Alright I am a 20 year old Male living in austin texas. I own 3 handguns that have been bought for me, or sold to me used. I have these handguns primaly for target shooting. I do keep my xd9 accessable to me at my home incase of emergency. But beside that. My pistols are in locked cases and carried back and from the closet to the range/ranch and back. I do not have a ccl as i am not 21 yet. Anyway i seeking information on the laws regarding handguns on ones person/property/car and being 1) under 21 years of age 2) not having the firearm legally registered in my name. So for instance is it illegal for me to have these weapons in my home? Is it illegal for me to have them in my Car? At that range? any info helps.. I wish i didnt have to worry about this rubish, considering i own multiple rifles ar15's / shotguns legally being over 18... But am not allowed to buy a box of 9mm ammo..

Anything helps,

JCM
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 9:27:28 AM EDT
I think that it is illegal for you to be in possession of handguns outside of your home.

Check

www.packing.org

&

www.texaschlforum.com
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:44:02 AM EDT
Thanks for the response, I have yet to hear a complete confident straight answer on the topic.. Sorry for all the typ-os!! but i was in a hurry.. Just fyi my Xd 9, V-10 just came in.. Now i own 4 handguns :) I must say i love the Springfields!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:45:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 6:49:22 AM EDT by TexasSIG]
Welcome to Texas, there is no registration here. You may not BUY a handgun but if you are over
18 you may legally be in possession of one in cases where any other citizen would be able
to be in possession of one.

I started carrying one around with me to and from the range, hunting, IPSC matches etc when
I turned 18. No problems......

Beware the usual stuff regarding "travelling" and all that, until you get a CHL you have to be
careful regardless of age.

Have all 4 with you at the same time if you want, there's no limit there either.
IANAL, I am a Texan.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:53:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 6:55:50 AM EDT by TexasSIG]

Originally Posted By Lumberjack98:
I think that it is illegal for you to be in possession of handguns outside of your home.

Check

www.packing.org

&

www.texaschlforum.com

You have to be 21 to get a CHL, certainly.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:32:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jcm151:
Alright I am a 20 year old Male living in austin texas. I own 3 handguns that have been bought for me, or sold to me used. I have these handguns primaly for target shooting. I do keep my xd9 accessable to me at my home incase of emergency. But beside that. My pistols are in locked cases and carried back and from the closet to the range/ranch and back. I do not have a ccl as i am not 21 yet. Anyway i seeking information on the laws regarding handguns on ones person/property/car and being 1) under 21 years of age 2) not having the firearm legally registered in my name. So for instance is it illegal for me to have these weapons in my home? Is it illegal for me to have them in my Car? At that range? any info helps.. I wish i didnt have to worry about this rubish, considering i own multiple rifles ar15's / shotguns legally being over 18... But am not allowed to buy a box of 9mm ammo..

Anything helps,

JCM

Move to a more pro gun state that has open carry. Most states with open carry let you start carrying a 18 .. Texas is to restrictive for me..!!!
Top Top