Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/26/2004 7:05:08 AM EST
Ok here is the story! Last month I bought an Adm Ackbar figure off of ebay so I could play along with the "its a trap" posts here on ARFCOM that and I was hoping he could help me out at the poker table as a good luck charm. The guy stated in the auction that shipping was based on weight, size and destination. Im figuring $2-3 so I use the buy it now and buy the figure for $4 something. Next day comes and the seller says that the shipping will be $6.50. I know it dont cost $6.50 to ship no friggin star wars figurine. So I argue back and forth with him for a bit and he wont budge, that and he started to get quite insulting. Here is a sample email.

LEAVE WHATEVER FEEDBACK YOU WANT. I'LL LEAVE THE SAME. NEXT TIME YOU CAN ALWAYS E-MAIL AND ASK SHIPPING RATES BEFORE BIDDING. I DIDN'T SAY THERE WAS A HANDLING FEE. I SAID IT COSTS 6.50 TO SHIP. WITH THE COST FOR EMPLOYEES TIME IN PACKING AND THE COST OF SHIPPING SUPPLIES, THAT IS THE COST. HOPE YOU SOMEDAY GET A JOB WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHINE ABOUT 2.00. THANKS, (keep in mind that the auction stated that shipping was based on weight, size and destination) I have had Izzy slings shppped to me from Isreal and they cost me $6 to ship!!!!

I figure that I will pay him his money and leave feedback about his shady buisness later. And it was never about the money. It was about the principle! Any way I left neg feedback on him yesterday and he leaves neg feedback on me as expected. But he says I only paid him $1.00 in shipping. The seller lied just so he cold write some neg feedbak on me cause he had nothing. My ebay name is [u]Rifleman556[Like I said before its not about the money but the principle! Now this bastard is clearly lying and I want to do something about it. What would you do and what can be done? Thanks for the help! Also I know this is some trivial BS but I always like a little excitement!! Later

JP
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:16:49 AM EST
He probably wanted to use trackable shipping and insurance. That adds up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:21:27 AM EST
Welcome to the wonderful world of Ebay.

Now you know you need to ask questions before you bid. If people do not CLEARLY mark their shipping price expect to get stuck in the pooper over shipping costs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:23:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
He probably wanted to use trackable shipping and insurance. That adds up.

+1,
especially if you have a mailboxes etc. store package it for you, hell it would probably cost about $10 to do it that way.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:49:25 AM EST
Its a little high for a 5" figure - but probably on for the 12" figure.

Remember if you go to some place like Mail Box etc you get gouged an extra fee than if you deal with UPS directly. I have been surprised when I ship items and it comes to a higher cost than I bargined for.

Are you really bitching over a $2.50 extra in shipping? Welcome to the real world.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:00:27 AM EST

.....I DIDN'T SAY THERE WAS A HANDLING FEE. I SAID IT COSTS 6.50 TO SHIP. WITH THE COST FOR EMPLOYEES TIME IN PACKING AND THE COST OF SHIPPING SUPPLIES,...

Sounds like a handling fee to me
Top Top