Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 7:17:38 AM EDT
My little brother, Andy, has gone missing during a trip from his former home in Pittsburgh, PA through Virginia, Georgia, and Kansas (to visit friends and family) and finally ending up here in Albuquerque.

He left Pittsburgh on April 29th and checked in regularly until May 5th and we have not heard from him since. His intention was to spend his Birthday in Kansas with our Mom, but he did not show and has not contacted anyone in the family. As you can imagine, Mom is fit to be tied and I am getting a little worried.

For you Hun Farm attendees last July, Andy was with me enjoying the Hun's hospitality. He is a 6 year veteran of the US Army serving as a Bradley driver and then as an MP in Virginia until an injury incurred while arresting a criminal cut his service short.

Andy is 28 years old, 6'2", 180#, light brown hair with blue eyes. He is driving a 1998 Ford Ranger, red in color, 2 wheel drive single cab pickup. I am working on getting the license number, but he has bright yellow New Mexico plates.

If anyone here is in the south-eastern US, please keep your eyes peeled for my brother. I would really appreciate it.

I am hoping that he hooked up with a hottie and is 'exploring' the possiblities and I am praying that no harm has befallen him.

Please help with prayer and any other ideas.

Thanks,

Matt

[b] Andy (my brother) is a veteran and receives a disability check every month from the Army. This check is direct deposited and if we can find the bank his check is deposited into in PA, we can track his movements via his ATM card useage.

Does anyone here know of a way I can get in touch with the Army to find where that check is direct deposited?

Thanks in advance. [/b]

We found the little asshead!

He is in Winchester VA at a friends house. It seems that he lost the charger to his phone and I guess forgot how to dial a frickin' phone. There also seems to be a chicky snack involved.

I will be kicking his ass as soon as I can get my hands on him.

Thanks to my brothers here for the thoughts, prayers, ideas and work. I will not forget what you guys mean to me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Wig, sorry to hear about your brother. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers. I'm not in the area, but I'll check all the Philly strip clubs.

Good luck bro.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Tacked

Find him fast.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Will be on the lookout for him down here in coastal Georgia.  I pray that he is okay.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Got any pics of the truck and or him ? Does the truck have a cab or bumber stickers ?

Have you put in a missing person report ?

Can you check his credit card or bank accounts? This stuff isnt hard to get if you can get into his home. Credit card usage should give you a clue on were he is or going is he buying for two. Pretend you are him and call the CC company.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Call the media. Seems like they like to run the hell out of missing persons stories. It could be the exposure you need to find him.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#8]
IM or email me with his plate #, name and address.  I'll get him BOLO'ed in southwest VA.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Prayers and I will keep my eyes peeled in CO
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sorry to read this, I'll be looking.

You have a atg number for the PA plates ??

Last known place he called from on May 5 ??

I'll say a prayer for him, you & your family!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto

SRM
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#13]
In case he comes in from the south I'm here.  With plate number my buds at the local truck stops will keep watch.  Any help I can be I am only 3 1/2 hours away.

John
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can you check his credit card or bank accounts? This stuff isnt hard to get if you can get into his home. Credit card usage should give you a clue on were he is or going is he buying for two. Pretend you are him and call the CC company.
View Quote

Ditto. Best way to track someone.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto

SRM
View Quote

Same here.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Pic would really help out.  I can hand it out to some LEO's here in central Texas and maybe something will come of it.  You and your family are in the prayers, so stay strong and POSITIVE.  If I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to ask.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I am working on the pictures and trying to get the New Mexico Dept of Motor Vehicles to release his plate number. I am also working on getting the VIN for his truck.

We are trying to track down his personal info so I can track his ATM useage. That was a great idea by the way.

We are trying to track down anything that may be on the wire regarding his truck or him.

Keep your eyes peeled and keep up the great ideas!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Does he have a cell phone?
If he does, couldn't his service provider at least tell you the city where his phone was last used.
I am in Atlanta and will keep an eye on this thread for more info, and an eye out for your brother.
I wish him a speedy and safe return.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#19]
If you get his license or plate info and think he might be in the Dakotas, IM me and I'll see about putting an Attempt to Locate in the state system.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Probably isn't the Army you need to get in touch with, rather the VA. Contact your local DAV and they might be able to help you with some kind of info.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Wiggy, Glad to hear he's OK.

But, put a boot in his ass for us too.

I couldnt sleep knowing he was out there.....................somewhere.
Oh, wait. I couldnt sleep because of my allergies.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My little brother, Andy, has gone missing

We found the little asshead!

He is in Winchester VA at a friends house. It seems that he lost the charger to his phone and I guess forgot how to dial a frickin' phone.

[red]There also seems to be a chicky snack involved.[/red]
View Quote

ahhh HAH!!!  [:D]  glad he's OK !
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd think our VA contingency would be able to administer the rubber hose whipping for you in your stead.

Glad to hear he has been found.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Like I tell my wife
"Everything humans do can one way or another be trace back to sex or lack of" [sex]

ie Chicky snacks
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Glad you found your brother safe.

I'll tip a beer to you and your avatar as well, former Albuquerque Duke, I mean...Isotope here!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Good to hear everything turned out well. Kick'um in the ass for me. [buttkick]

Let'em know all arf.com was out hunting for him.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank God he was found ok, now kick his butt.

Glad everything is good......

Dave
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Great News!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top