Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2004 5:49:34 PM EDT
I took a pistol of mine and my suppressor to a gunsmith that my dealer recommended, who has done some work for me in the past.  I needed an adapter made for the suppressor.  That was about 6 weeks ago, and about 4 weeks ago I called him and he said everything was coming along fine.  So I called his number today and it was disconnected.  Now I'm freaking out.  I don't have this guy's home address, just his shop address (an old barn/farmhouse building).

I'm hoping my gun dealer/Class 3 dealer can contact him and find out what's going on Monday.  Otherwise, how the hell can I even find this guy with no home address or phone number?  That would look just lovely reporting that to the ATF - "Yeah, sorry, I don't know crap about this guy - only where he had his shop, what his now disconnected number was, and that he drove an old truck - oh yeah, and he has my fucking gun and suppressor!"
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
i don't own any NFA toys.

with that in mind, if you are tranferring possession, even to a gunsmith, of an NFA weapon, isn't paperwork a requirement? I'm thinking form 5 for some reason.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Why don't you make a trip out to his shop/barn?

Digital
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I may just do that.  This could be nothing more than him just changing his cell number or maybe forgetting to make a payment and having it get disconnected.  The gun dealer/Class 3 dealer has worked with this guy for years, so hopefully when I call him on Monday things can get settled.  I sure hope so :)
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW - is there some way of finding out from a cell service (or by just having the number) what service he had and perhaps getting an address?

I'm just wondering if there is no way of contacting him, then how can the police or ATF track him and my gun/suppressor down?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top