Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/5/2007 6:13:45 PM EDT
My wife and I want to make a DVD of our 2 year old and send it to our families for Christmas. I am looking for something where I can edit quicktime movies and JPEG's together with captions and a soundtrack.

I know there are probably a million products that do this but I wanted input from you guys as to ease of use and cost effectiveness.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:24:21 PM EDT
Ulead = Video for Idiots (like me)

I have several other video editing software packages, including Avid and Adobe Premiere, but my kid can use Ulead if you don't mind losing a few special effects.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:37:35 PM EDT
Ulead's good entry-level stuff. Most camcorders will come with stuff nowadays. Sony makes some great software as well. I just bought a new Mac loaded up, so I don't use my PC stuff much anymore. The Adobe stuff is too steep to purchase just for one use, but it's a great tool if you're going to use it for the years to come.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:37:57 PM EDT
You can probably get away with windows movie maker, which is built into windows (check out your start menu).

If that is lacking try adobe premier elements. I just bought a copy of that and have been having a lot of fun with it.
Top Top