Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/10/2005 7:13:50 AM EDT
I bought a cheap mp3 player from wally world

It works fine, but does not get lloud enough. It does have a fm receiver, which I like.

Does anyone know a good mp3 player, with a fm tuner in it, that gets louder than you like to listen to it.

Some music is meant to be loud, and this ain't cutting it.

Looking to keep it under $100
Would prefer it to take an expanded memory card, but not necessary.

Thanks all.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:53:43 AM EDT
no one has a clue?

anyone on today?

beuller?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:55:57 AM EDT
check out CompUSA. Right as you walk in the door there should be a cage with clearance items. I've seen many $400+ discontinued MP3 players there on clearance for less than $150.
There's a 20GB Samsung player that i've been eyeing for a while now at our local store.
It's worth a shot IMO.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:19:13 AM EDT
I bought a Sandisk 128 mg FR tuner MP3 player for my wife last week and it sounds good to me. Its loud and the tuner is decent. It is real small as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:23:52 AM EDT
I have a Creative Labs MuVo TX FM 512 MB mp3 player. It is $90 shipped from Amazon and has a FM tuner.

It is loud enough for my purposes, which is listening to tunes while working out and plane/train travel. That said, it does not have the most powerful amp in the world. I have tinnitus so I don't crank the volume like in the old days. The volume meter goes from 0-40 and it starts out at 20 (which is pretty good for normal ambient noise in a gym). I rarely push it above 25 but I have noticed in ultra-noisy environments that it is not super-powerful.

The Amazon website does not list the power rating on the Creative Labs unit amplifier; I will have to go home and check the user manual. My old mp3 player (no longer made) was an Intel Pocket Concert 128 MB player. It came with a very powerful 11mW amp. I think the volume bar went from 1-20 and I rarely had it above 3-4. That sucker could really kick out the power. Then again, that's probably why I have tinnitus ....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:25:13 AM EDT
First things first is check outwww.cnet.com and get some ideas whats out there...

In answer to the original question I vote for the creative labs Zen Micro 4 or 5 or 6 gig's of music in a very compact package. I've got the 5 gig model and Love it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:26:50 AM EDT
Jet Audio
Its a great player, got one about 2 months ago. It has a fm player and gets pretty loud. It also has a rechargeable battery which most of them don't. And trust me, you want a rechargeable batteries, don't want to be changing them every 3 or 4 days...that gets anointing fast.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:39:58 AM EDT
You're not going to find anything too loud in a non-hdd mp3 player.

With a battery that small volume kills battery life, so they just limit the volume to increase battery life stats.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:44:32 AM EDT
I went from a cheap-o to an iPod. I don't miss the radio and the sound quality is absolutely superior to my 'Perception Audio' mp3. I hooked it up to my home stereo too.
Top Top