Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2004 6:09:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 8:28:18 AM EDT by olyarms]
My father had passed away in 97, Now a trust was created for 4 people, Including me (his only son)
Now by law to I get a copy of the trust? I have yet to get one and the trustee refuses to give me one.

If the trust was done illegaly, what happens to the money.

If some on dies before they get any money out of the trust what happens to theat part of the trust money.

Its not a few grand, after all debt was paid off etc, it was over $250,000

It was created in Nevada.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:16:34 AM EDT
Yes you should be entitled to see the documents or at least have your attorney be able to examine it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:34:26 AM EDT
Do you know the actual law? Because if this is the case,I am going to sue the MF'r. Just don't want to go give a lawyer $3,000 and have nothing happen. And if possible do it with out spending any money.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:17:09 AM EDT
I think I would be paying the trustee a visit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:24:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 8:25:49 AM EDT by olyarms]
Have to find him first. Can't figure out where he is. Trust me I would love to kick his ass. This has been going on for years.

My father had worked many years for what he had and, now I could use a few bucks to get me by while business gets going and I have no way of getting to the money that was left for me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:32:38 AM EDT
Don't know what the law is in Nevada, but the general rule in American law is that a beneficiary has the right to examine trust documents and know about the terms of the trust. A beneficiary generally has the right to an accounting of trust assets as well. You really need to contact the trustee and demand to examine both the terms of the trust as well as the financial records. If you don't know who the trustee is, you might start by looking at a copy of your father's probate papers at the court that handled his estate. They might provide a clue as to the identity of the trustee.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:37:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 8:38:28 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:40:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 8:42:46 AM EDT by olyarms]
The trustee is a rat bastard family member, Just don't know his current address. Going to find out here soon however, have his full name and city and state.

He also took $10,000 out of the trust with out being named in it.

Is it possible for him to goto jail? If so what would happen to the money.

You don't have a copy of the paper work setting up the trust and can't find the guy who is supposed to be handling the trust and this has been going on for years AND it's got a 1/4 million dollars in it? Hire a lawyer in your state who knows about this stuff.

Edit-You've gotta be kiddng

This wasn't suppose to turn out this way. you know family is family, until I guess some one gets greedy.

At the time the trust was being made he wasn't the current trustee. However the orig trustee had medical problems and could no longer do the job. So he became the new trustee.

And at the time I could have cared less about money, my father was dying.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:06:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:13:44 AM EDT
Top Top