Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 9:51:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2008 9:52:08 AM EST by WhiteGSD]
I have a Dynex wireless router with one laptop wirelessly and a desktop with a cable plugged in.

I'm trying to figure out what my pass key is to allow a 3rd computer to get onto our network.

When I try to access my router by going to 192.168.2.1 i just get a message that says "document contains no data."

When I try and run the CD in the computer, it says that there is an error running scripts on this page and will not do anything except pop those boxes up about the error.

Security type is WPA2-Personal and the encryption type is AES. I tried to get the pass key off my laptop except it's blanked out like this: ********

Any suggestions??
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:53:13 AM EST
I'm in the exact same boat a you so tag.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:53:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2008 9:54:33 AM EST by doggscube]
When I've forgotten my passkey, I go into the router and change it, and update all the machines.

MAC address filtering may be keeping the 3rd machine from accessing the router. If you can't access the router from a machine that had previous access, you may have to do a complete reset of the router (hold in the reset button for a while).
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:58:37 AM EST
is the web server using HTTPS (https://192.168.2.1)? what web browser are you using? IE? FireFox? are you trying to access it over the wireless (some routers have a feature to disable that)?

first try resetting the router, to see if that clears up any issues. even if you get in, the router may not display your WPA key in plain text, so you might have to change it.

if you still cannot get into the router through the web browser, you might want to reset it to factory defaults and start over.

while your starting over, turn on MAC address filtering for the wireless, and this time remember your WPA key
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:09:59 PM EST
Top Top