Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2003 7:17:45 AM EDT
Normally I'd go and ask this on bladeforums.com or something, but they disallow hotmail and yahoo email accounts.  

Anyhow, I found a mess of switchblade kits in Italy.  These kits are TOTALLY taken apart- we're talking that the two sides of the knife handle aren't even together.  You've got to pop in the little rivets, attach the sides, attach the blade, attach the two plastic pieces...

You get the idea.

These things have a 1 5/8" blade and are keychains.  Not exactly dangerous.  I'm in AZ; switchblades are okay here.  Hell, these are even legal in KALIFORNIA!

Can I legally import the kits?  ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Can I legally import the kits?
View Quote

No.

NsB
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can I legally import the kits?
View Quote

No.

NsB
View Quote

Can you be a little more specific on that?  [:)]  What makes it illegal?  They are not even true knives yet.  Got a link to the law in question..?

Thank you for the help!

Mike
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#3]
According to US Importation Laws, any knife which can be easily converted, or that is supplied in a kit form is considered an automatic, making them illegal to import, regardless of blade size.

A nice quote:
"Kits are completely illegal to import into the US." Tim Flanagan (Moderator - Auto Forum, BFC)

NsB

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top