Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 6:30:10 AM EDT
I keep getting popups that look like webpages even when I am not online.  Its not like those messages but popups in full color. I may dozens show up when I come back to my computer some hours later. Also when I run the adware 6.  It detects a malware?  Its says its a popup generator and hijacker.  I delete it and it comes back later.  How can I get rid of this for good?  
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Dload and install 'ad aware' and 'spybot search and destroy. Both are freeware.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Update adaware (its got a built in updater) and also find the program "Spybot Search and Destroy"  With both of those you shouldn't get anything else.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Use a big f*cking hammer.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#4]
So good so far.  When I updated the AdAware, it picked up several more files that were not found before.  I got rid of those and no more pop ups.  If these bastards used as much resources and effort to find a cure for the flu instead of this shit, there wouldnt be anymore flu.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Once again the AR15 crew comes through!  All the stuff stopped!  Thanks guys.  I was tempted by the hammer suggestion.  I hate this Dell piece of Caca.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top