Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 9:32:23 PM EDT
I got this kit from ASA in 1999. Pre Y2K.

I got this barrel, but for some reason it's got this plasitc like plug or something in it.

A 223 will not fit in it. No way, no how.

I figured it was a dedicated 22lr upper.

Tried to put one in, didn't go. If I forced one in maybe i'd go, but I'm not doing that.

So now, I have no idea what the hell this damn barrel is.

Maybe for .17 caliber rounds? I don't know.

Does anyone have an idea what this barrel could be for? Maybe a blank barrel? Though it does have it's riffleing (sp) inside. I can clealy see that. I don't have a barrel wrench (any one have one to sell me?) so I can't take a closer look at it.

Can anyone help me with this?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I take it you have never fired it.  Are you saying there is no chamber?  Are there any markings on the barrel?  I would contact ASA and see what it might be.
View Quote

Yeah, looks like there's no chamber. But as I said the barrel is ready to be used, but I don't see what kind of bullet could fit in there. There's no room for it. (No chamber)

I bought this back in 99. So I may not have a receipt.  But I'll look.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#4]
You should call Bob at ASA personally.  He'd be happy to help you.  Just ask anybody.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Take it to a gunsmith who according to people you trust, does a lot of AR's and is good at it.
Perhaps it needs a finish ream.

Plan B:  ASA is at about all the gun shows in the Bay Area.  Take it in, or see Dan at Parts and More, if he came.  He  could at least give you a better idea of the problem.

ASA told me they were using Wilson barrels on their packaged uppers, but that was last year.

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Take it to a gunsmith who according to people you trust, does a lot of AR's and is good at it.
Perhaps it needs a finish ream.

Plan B:  ASA is at about all the gun shows in the Bay Area.  Take it in, or see Dan at Parts and More, if he came.  He  could at least give you a better idea of the problem.

ASA told me they were using Wilson barrels on their packaged uppers, but that was last year.

View Quote

Also, if you don't know what you HAVE, for sure, how can you say that the BARREL sucks?
The situation, yes, partly due to your not knowing what exactly you have.  But you can't fairly say it's the barrel, or ASA at this point.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top