Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/9/2004 5:19:55 PM EDT
Ok guys, the situation is that I have a solid HB9 (age:  mid 20s)graduate student spending some time with my team for a few weeks.  Alot of guys at work are drooling over her.  She's hot and she is one of the brightest students I've had a chance to work with.  When in groups, and discussing a particular subject, she often makes eye contact with me, smiles, and winks alot too.  I'm pretty sure she's a least a bit interested in me.

Here's the deal...

I got the nerve up to call her up to chit chat and set up a coffee date the next day but she already had plans to go out of town for a couple of days.  She apologized and said she'll call to go if she returns early or just see me at work if she doesn't come back early.  

So, how should I play this?  If she ccomes back early and calls then it's easy but what if she doesn't and I just see her again at work..   Should I leave it up to her to bring up the idea of going out or should I mention something off the bat?   Any suggestions?  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Just stuff it in her pooper and post pics!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
What school are you at?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#3]
invite her for lunch, and see how things go. IF things go well, invite her out for dinner, a play etc.
Remember, "faint heart wins no faire maiden." Share the wealth and post pics for us.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Find out if she has a sister.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#6]
*sigh*

Treat her like a person.  If you are interested ask her out.  If she isn't interested she'll let you know by saying no.  End of story.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Ask her.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
double tap(controlled pair)
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#9]
if she calls, no problem. If you see her at work, let it marinate for a bit(don't be too eager), then say I'd like to get together, but I'm a little jammed this week, maybe next Wednesday or something like that?( like she'll have to wait for it) If she suggests a weekend date, you may be moving directly toward hitting it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Lol, I think I was pretty nervous on the phone to ask her out but I think I sounded ok.  Talking about work matters are different of course.  

But what do you think about the situation I'm in.  
I've heard that really hot girls don't like pushy, needy guys.  I'm tempted to play it cool and leave it up to her to bring up the idea of going out again.  

Quoted:
Pretend she is ugly and relax.  Then talk to her like a human.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I got the nerve up to call her up to chit chat and set up a coffee date the next day but she already had plans to go out of town for a couple of days.    

Damn the exact same thing happened to me, it wasn't a yes or a no it was somewhere in between...
I make a point not to be over bearing once I get denied I dont come back for more punishment.

but this situation confused me because it wasn't a no it was a I have to go to class.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I've heard that really hot girls are just humans and are not necessarily different than not-so-hot girls.

ASK HER.

Being real is the most important thing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#13]
so now we still chat in class and sometimes she even chases me down to talk about class. But I dont want to look like a guy whos begging her for it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm tempted to play it cool and leave it up to her to bring up the idea of going out again.  

Don't do that. When she comes back be friendly and talk at work a couple a days. Then say "hey, you stood me up for coffee (gotta be slick here, do it kinda joking, kinda not). How about ____(day/time)"
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
if she calls, no problem. If you see her at work, let it marinate for a bit(don't be too eager), then say I'd like to get together, but I'm a little jammed this week, maybe next Wednesday or something like that?( like she'll have to wait for it) If she suggests a weekend date, you may be moving directly toward hitting it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  I haven't really played hard to get before, so it's kind of a new territory for me.  I've always pursued using my stupid hormone driven instinct with only average success.   Maybe it's time for a change.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got the nerve up to call her up to chit chat and set up a coffee date the next day but she already had plans to go out of town for a couple of days.

Damn the exact same thing happened to me, it wasn't a yes or a no it was somewhere in between...
I make a point not to be over bearing once I get denied I dont come back for more punishment.

but this situation confused me because it wasn't a no it was a I have to go to class.

Remember this is part of the chase. So you've got to keep it up though.

Also since you are at work, I would keep this really low key, actually super-low key among you co-workers, what happens to you romantically, because things could get real sticky real fast.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#17]
just give up
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Ask her....nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#19]
But my situation is that I already made the first move and asked her out but denied because she had other obligations.  

Quoted:
Ask her....nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmm...

She must be quite a woman if you need help with her....I thought they were teaching this in school these days.

She knows you are interested...just sit back and relax.

MT
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Remember this is part of the chase. So you've got to keep it up though.

Also since you are at work, I would keep this really low key, actually super-low key among you co-workers, what happens to you romantically, because things could get real sticky real fast.

Great point, I'm keeping it low key right now but will probably have a huge urge to brag to the boys if I do end up going out with her regularly.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#22]
do not brag, jealous suckers will cockblock or undermine your efforts
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's the deal...  If she doesn't come back early.  Play it off and let her bring it up, only after you hint by taking a big sip of coffee from your mug and Saying "Damn this is some good coffee."  "Do you like coffee?"

Dg84
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok guys, the situation is that I have a solid HB9 (age:  mid 20s)graduate student spending some time with my team for a few weeks.  Alot of guys at work are drooling over her.  She's hot and she is one of the brightest students I've had a chance to work with.  When in groups, and discussing a particular subject, she often makes eye contact with me, smiles, and winks alot too.  I'm pretty sure she's a least a bit interested in me.

Here's the deal...

I got the nerve up to call her up to chit chat and set up a coffee date the next day but she already had plans to go out of town for a couple of days.  She apologized and said she'll call to go if she returns early or just see me at work if she doesn't come back early.  

So, how should I play this?  If she ccomes back early and calls then it's easy but what if she doesn't and I just see her again at work..   Should I leave it up to her to bring up the idea of going out or should I mention something off the bat?   Any suggestions?  

ASK HER OUT.

You have been green lighted already.

Ask her out and actively persue a relationship IF that is what you want.

Don't play games, she isn't. Simply go for it or live the rest of your life talking about this one badass babe who got away cause you didn't go after it. If you fuck it up, at least you took your shot. That is a LOT easier to live with.

+1
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Ok guys, the situation is that I have a solid HB9 (age: mid 20s)graduate student spending some time with my team for a few weeks. Alot of guys at work are drooling over her. She's hot and she is one of the brightest students I've had a chance to work with. When in groups, and discussing a particular subject, she often makes eye contact with me, smiles, and winks alot too. I'm pretty sure she's a least a bit interested in me.

Here's the deal...

I got the nerve up to call her up to chit chat and set up a coffee date the next day but she already had plans to go out of town for a couple of days. She apologized and said she'll call to go if she returns early or just see me at work if she doesn't come back early.

So, how should I play this? If she ccomes back early and calls then it's easy but what if she doesn't and I just see her again at work.. Should I leave it up to her to bring up the idea of going out or should I mention something off the bat? Any suggestions?

ASK HER OUT.

Don't play games, she isn't. Simply go for it or live the rest of your life talking about this one badass babe who got away cause you didn't go after it. If you fuck it up, at least you took your shot. That is a LOT easier to live with.[/quote

+1

+2
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I tried the direct approach some time ago with a HB8 that I was interested a year ago but it didn't pan out.  But then again, I didn't have the initial (flirting?) body language from her before making my move.  Anyway, I was always the one calling up to set up dates and after a while, it became excuse city from her.  I got sick of that and called it quits with her.  

I don't know but I'm thinking hot chicks are wired a little differently so I'm thinking I need to approach this situation a little different this time.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ASK HER OUT.

Don't play games, she isn't. Simply go for it or live the rest of your life talking about this one badass babe who got away cause you didn't go after it. If you fuck it up, at least you took your shot. That is a LOT easier to live with.[/quote

+1
+2

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't ask her, tell her your taking her out to coffee, lunch, etc.  A very attractive girlfriend of mine told me to use that approach and it's never failed me.  Confidence, my boy, confidence.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#29]
That's an understatement!

Treat her like complete shit, ignore her, and when you do talk to her let her know you like blow-jobs.

I GUAURENTTEEEEEE YOU that she will be all over you like white on rice.

Quoted:
I've heard that really hot girls don't like pushy, needy guys.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Need help with Hot Girl at work!  

Bring her over and I will show you what needs to be done.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#31]
This thread pops up enough I ought to write a book and cash in on this market.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Just stuff it in her pooper and post pics!

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Treat her like complete shit, ignore her, and when you do talk to her let her know you like blow-jobs.

I GUAURENTTEEEEEE YOU that she will be all over you like white on rice.

Lol,  but unfortunately I don't think that'll work on her  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Don't ask her, tell her your taking her out to coffee, lunch, etc.  A very attractive girlfriend of mine told me to use that approach and it's never failed me.  Confidence, my boy, confidence.

My dad tells me the best line he ever used in the early 80s was "come on, you're coming with me".
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Hot chicks are like everybody else.

More often than not they are dumber than everyone else. too.

I know only one "hot" (that's subjective, right) chick that is smart.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Yeah I know, but this one is really smart, achieved top 5% honors rank in her class, very observant, creative, learns new stuff quickly.  That's why she so damn intimidating, hot and smart.  

Quoted:
Hot chicks are like everybody else.

More often than not they are dumber than everyone else. too.

I know only one "hot" (that's subjective, right) chick that is smart.

CRC

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#38]
I have always thought it wasn't a good idea to get your meat where you get your bread.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Rule #1: Dont date people you work with.
Rule #2: Never, under any circumstances, break Rule #1.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#40]
I agree with that to an extent.  But she's only spending a few weeks with us then she's off to an another department.   I would never date anyone in my own department.  The potential for things getting messy is too great there.

Quoted:
Rule #1: Dont date people you work with.
Rule #2: Never, under any circumstances, break Rule #1.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Took the words right out of my mouth ! Women love confident men , it actually turns them on. Down deep women are all at least a little submissive and want a strong man in their lives. I'll also add that alot of women want to be persued they like a mans attention and they will eventually give you the fruit of your labor !  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Do not say "Want to go on a date to blah blah blah"
Say: "I am going to blah blah blah. Should I save you a seat?"

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Here's the deal...  If she doesn't come back early.  Play it off and let her bring it up, only after you hint by taking a big sip of coffee from your mug and Saying "Do you like coffee cock?"

There you go fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#45]
+1

Quoted:
I've heard that really hot girls are just humans and are not necessarily different than not-so-hot girls.

you heard 'wrong'.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#46]
bitch slap the pussy out of yourself and realise shes a female thus inferior to you thus meaning you can do whatever the heck you want
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#47]
The hotter a girl is the larger the pool of guys who want to hit on her... therefore she  1) Is used to the attention, 2) Can wait and take her pick, you're not her only hope, and 3) Is probably tired of guys drooling over here wherever she goes, and walking on eggshells around her because "Careful, she's HOT!!".  She probably wants a guy to spank her and give her the what-for.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Cannot evalutate the situation without pics.

CW
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The hotter a girl is the larger the pool of guys who want to hit on her... therefore she  1) Is used to the attention, 2) Can wait and take her pick, you're not her only hope, and 3) Is probably tired of guys drooling over here wherever she goes, and walking on eggshells around her because "Careful, she's HOT!!".  She probably wants a guy to spank her and give her the what-for.

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Get into the mindset of acting like she is a very ugly girl that you love as having a friend. That way your confidence wont be destroyed everytime you think about how hot she is.

If the "friend" part doesnt excite you, then forget about how she looks and move on.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top