Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 2:44:05 PM EDT
Has anyone use online Web Detective or other public records service?  Did they work?

I'm trying to pull the background on my girlfriends step dad.  This low life is scamming a living off the government and doesn't lift one finger to take care of her mom.  Her mom has MS and can barely get around and he does nothing for her.  She had to drive on a donut spare for over a month because he refused to spend any money on her.  Finally my girlfriends brother paid to get the tire fixed.  Her brother gives her money on a weakly basis so she can get by.  I won't even get into the 8 years or mental abuse he put my girlfriend through when she was living with her mom...but it's enough to make a grown man cry.

Last week her mother finally saw the light and started the 60 day seperation process and kicked him out.  Well this low life piece of shit went to their church and had all the old ladies start calling her mom to tell her she is going to hell if she gets divorced.  Now as I said this is my girlfriends step-dad, her mom's already been divorced once.  Plus this sack of shit has been married 5 times now but he told the people in the church he's never been married before!

Oh I forgot to mention this, my girlfriends grandma is loaded and the only reason her step-dad is sticking around is so he can get at the money when she passes on.

So it's time this bastard gets taken down for all the shit he's pulling.  Any information or suggestions as to ways to take him down would be appreciated.

How much do private detective cost?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
oh jeez putting yourself in the middle of a Family problem can never be good.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell her to find a new church. Nobody went to Hell for getting a divorce, and the little old ladies need to know the whole story befor they offer opinions.

As for the stepdad, use a PI if you think you can actually catch him doing something.

Hidden cameras in the house might work....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Find a new girl without all the problems.

Or --

Stay out of hers, your just visiting so to speak.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's Kentucky, everyone is family.  

This is definately not something I want to do but how many times can you stand a loved one coming home shaking and crying because her mom is going back to a guy who verbally and mentally abuses her?  It's either deal with that on a weekly basis or help her solve the problem.   I'm going to solve the problem.  Her mom won't leave the step-dad because he messes with her mind.  He makes her mom feel completely worthless and completely demeans her anytime she tries to get away.

Two months ago when her mom was saying she wanted to get away from her step-dad I told her as soon she tried that he would go to the church and get them to tell her how bad of a christian she was.  Sure enough he did that.

The only way her mom will get away from him is for him to be taken from the picture.  Now he had his chance to leave but he decided to play "holy christian" and guilt her into staying with him.  So now it's go time and he's going down.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
What the hell ever happened to shoot, shovel and shut up?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Have  her and her Mom wear a wire, get some good verbal abuse shit on him, bug the phones, confront him with it and tell him that if he doesn't bug out, you'll have him turned in for abuse.  

Hell , it will atleast help at the divorce proceedings.

or ?

If you have his SSN and Drivers lic. No., you should be able to run a background on him easily enough.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Mom is the problem you have, not step-dad.  Nothing will happen unless she wants it to, so support her in getting her act together.  She is the one giving him all the power to be the sticky TP on everybody's shoe.

Sounds like an intervention is in order...

CODA
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
SSS
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Kick the step dads ass!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Exactly how is he scamming the gov?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1, you are asking for trouble bud.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Uh, what is this post about? You've asked for a PI, but have given no indication on what the guy is doing wrong. (Other than "nothing", which is itself nothing.)

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Exactly how is he scamming the gov?

He claims he has a back injury that is preventing him from doing any work.  Yet he was running his own business for awhile and doing all sorts of work.  Right now he is just running a crafts store out of his house.  He has all sorts of equipment and wood piled up...and I don't think little elves are the one's carrying it for him.  I'm also sure he's not reporting any of the income as it reduce his disability check.

Get this, he's getting paid $2,300 a month, tax free!  He does nothing and refuses to give any of the money to her mom even though she's factored into the amount he's getting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Uh, what is this post about? You've asked for a PI, but have given no indication on what the guy is doing wrong. (Other than "nothing", which is itself nothing.)

Ok I'll detail it.

1. Faking a back injury.
2. Working from home while collecting disability
3. Neglect of a spouse
4. Failure to report earned income to the disability office and the IRS
5. Verbal and mental abuse

The reason I mentioned the PI is that he get's $2,300 a month, he doesn't buy anything for the house or pay any of the bills.  The house is paid for so there is no mortgage.  He claims he is always broke and can't spend any of the money on her mom.  So where is the money going.  Does he have a mistress he's spending it on?  Is he gambling it away?  Going to strip clubs?  He's a selfish, greedy self asorbed man and whatever he is doing with it is probably not legit for a married guy to do.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
and the little old ladies need to know the whole story befor they offer opinions.

Apaprently you know VERY little about little old ladies.    
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I assume the $2300 monthly is coming from disability insurance.  If so, then the only thing you could do is take videos of him working and send it to the insurace company and then call his worker at the SSA.  You;ll have to snoop around to find the insurance company's name and is SSA worker.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I assume the $2300 monthly is coming from disability insurance.  If so, then the only thing you could do is take videos of him working and send it to the insurace company and then call his worker at the SSA.  You;ll have to snoop around to find the insurance company's name and is SSA worker.  

I've already figured out the insurance companies name and I know someone that works at the SSA.  So now it's just a matter of pulling those pieces together.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top