Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 6:11:53 PM EDT
I just got off the phone with a very good friend of mine.  She got a letter from her sons school saying that he was in a trio of boys that were holding a girl down by her arms and legs.  The boys were jumping on her and pulling her arms apart.  When questioned about this, the boy in question said that the girl was laughing and didnt know what he was doing was wrong.  

My question to the other parents out there is this:  What punishment fits this crime?  I am at a loss.  I have no suggestions, but the basic grounding has already happened.  It just doesnt seem to be nearly enough.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Grounding ??? Ask yourself .....how would you want him dealt with if the girl was YOUR DAUGHTER !!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
How old is the future rapist?

-elliott
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to hope that this twit is under 8!

Otherwise I would let the girls father have a little TALK with the Brat!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Well for starters how old are the boys and how old was the girl?  Did the girl complain to any teacher or parent?  There is a point where this is acceptable play and there is also a point where this is not acceptable play.  Sometimes the picture can have more than 1 meaning depending on your viewpoint.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The all the children involved are 8...  Sorry for that omission in the first post.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Oooh, there's a critical piece of info that's missing here - how old is your friend's son?

I mean if he's 21 and the school is West Point, then your friend might have a real problem on her hands.

If he's pre-teen, then she just needs to ground him and explain to him that boys are not supposed to treat girls roughly, even when the girl appears to like it!

Eric The(ICan'tBelieveISaidThat!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I speak as a father of three boys and two girls, ages 20 to 8.

There isn't any possible excuse for this behavior.  No set of circumstances, even a gun pointed at your son's head, can justify this.  No woman or girl deserves to be treated like this.

If he's under age 18:

After a sincere and calm discussion of the heinous crime your son has committed, you should calmly take a wide and heavy leather belt and administer 10 to 15 full-force whacks across his underwear-clad butt, with your wife there to witness.

Then he should lose all outside the home privileges for one month.  If he has a job, call his employer and tell them he won't be there for two weeks.

In that time, he is to write an essay on the dignity of women and the evils of abusing them, with side references to the evil of strong people overpowering weaker ones.

Then you should arrange a meeting with the girl's parents, at which time you will accompany the young miscreant to the appointed place and he will apologize for his deeds.

If he's over 18, hand him over to the local police.

Don't like my opinion?  You asked for it!

{edited to add:} [b]OOOPS,[/b] Sorry, not your kid.  Didn't see the age reference earlier.  But, I stand by what I would recommend for punishment [b] regardless of whether the girl sez she was playing or not.[/b]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Make him smoke the rest of the pack of cigs.  It worked for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top