Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 4:12:10 PM EST
Hey fellas, once again I need a brother's help. My buddy broke his firing pin in his revolver. Me being the gun guy in the group, he bestowed it upon me to help out. I have drudged all over the net and have had no luck. So now I humble myself to the wise. I am a firm believer in the idea that we are collectively smarter than alone. Anyway, to the gun. The info he gave is this: Aussie .38 special, 5 shot revolver, s/n#AA123357. I have not personally seen the gun. Also, I am not familliar with the brand. The gun probably isn't worth much, but it was his father's and he would like to get it up and running again. Any help in getting me pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Once again, thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:14:28 PM EST
did you try Numrich?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:17:00 PM EST
If the gun is antique, get the Dixie Gun Works catalog.

http://dixiegun.com/
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:25:53 PM EST
I don't know how old the gun is. It could be from the 80's for all I know. Also I don't know if "Aussie" is the brand or model. The "AA" in the s/n# leads me the believe its an American Arms pistol. But I'm not for sure. Also he said it had a "made in Brazil" stamp on it. I'm at a loss.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:42:06 PM EST
Sorry, but you're going to need better information. Start with everything that is written on the barrel and frame. Somewhere on the gun it says who the manufacturer is.
Top Top