Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2012 7:51:31 PM EDT
Happy Thanksgiving first of all!

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm trying to find a kitchen work table/island. Specifically the same one from the show The Big Bang Theory. I think the stainless steel looks great with the thick butchers block work top. The best I can tell, it has an oversized table top that allows for bar stools on one side and then two selves underneath that also have wood butcher blocks on top of the stainless steel shelves. I'm thinking they used a kitchen work table and then added the wood, but I can't find a work table that matches this one. I would really appreciate any help!

Here are some pics I found online:

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump. Any day shift folks able to help?

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Ikea.  Ikea.com.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Kitchen supply store would have what you are looking for they are crazy expensive, look on Craigslist for a used base.
Ikea has unfinished butcher blocks that you could put on a base.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#4]
http://ikeakitchendesignonline.net/famous-kitchens-get-the-look-the-big-bang-theroy-leonard-and-sheldon-tv-homes-edition/

But that Ike's cart is only 38" too short. I would look at restaurant supply stores and then buy or build a wood tabletop that is sealed and safe for food handling.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Excellent, thanks everyone!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top