Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 12:47:17 PM EDT
In June of 2014, right after my birthday, I traded a 77 chevey c10 scottsdale shortbed for an 1984 z28 camaro that had a 350 installed. The car had some over heating trouble when I first got it that I thought I had Fixed, but when I made the move back to Kentucky for Tennessee It overheated and stopped running. there was white smoke coming out from under the hood, and there was oil on the bottom of the air filter and around the carbarator. So I loaded myself, my dog, and my stuff in my grandfathers truck and continued on, my cousin called his buddy and had the truck towed the 20 minuites back to his house, where it has been sitting since september. I want to get the car back, but I don't know what to do to fix it or how I am going to get it up here. Any help or advice would be welcome, I do not have the ablity to get to the camaro, it's three and a half hours away.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, It started up and ran after it arrived at my cousins
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
U-Haul trailer.  Don't try to fix it then get it home.  Not worth the headache.
You could have blown head gaskets.  Not a quick fix.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
U-Haul trailer.  Don't try to fix it then get it home.  Not worth the headache.
You could have blown head gaskets.  Not a quick fix.
View Quote

+1 U-Haul is your cheapest option but requires some work or a big favor from a friend.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
U-Haul or a shipping company to bring it home.

Is it an old-school SBC 350 or did someone swap in an LT1 from a 93-97 Z/28?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
U-Haul or a shipping company to bring it home.

Is it an old-school SBC 350 or did someone swap in an LT1 from a 93-97 Z/28?
View Quote

It's an old school 350 with a carb, And I will more than likely end up shipping it here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:44:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like head gaskets.

Also, check the water pump and flush the radiator and the entire cooling system, you may have corrosion or God knows what else after 30 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top