Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 3:20:36 PM EST
Guys give a hand I need info on where to get the latest bodyarmor and K-pot from. I am going to let him use my compact ACOG if he needs it. He is gonna be attached to the 7th cav in Sadir City (sic?). If I remember right that is a pretty bad area so any help will be much appreciated.

TIA

Rich B
Orlando,Fl
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:34:34 PM EST
if he's with the Cav he should get issued the latest armor amd helmet issued. the ACOG would help, though
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:36:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By TimJ:
if he's with the Cav he should get issued the latest armor amd helmet issued. the ACOG would help, though

+1 I have the latest MOB order for AR/NG for OIF/OEF and it clearly state "All troops deploying to Afganistan and Iraq WILL have interceptor body armor".
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:08:17 PM EST
Cool !!! Thanks guys his parents where gonna go buy the latest and greatest stuff so he would come home the same way he is leaving.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:25:35 PM EST
YOU CAN NOT ENTER IRAQ OR ASTAN WITH OUT A INTERCEPTOR AND HARD PLATES!

He will probably get the vest state side and then pick up the plates in country (i.e. Kuwait), also he will more than likely receive the new MICH Helmet. The troops heading over get put on the RFI program and get all the latest gear, the troops heading out this spring will be the first to get the new boots and ACU also.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:45:18 PM EST
EOTech 552F would be my first choice in accessories, with covers. Then batteries and spare parts for the M4. Extra bolt, gasrings, firing pin retaining pins, firing pin, Maybe a tango down grip to stuff it in.
Lens cleaning brush, boresnake, handi wipes, spray on dry film lubricant. Surefire 6P with isolated bezel, spare lamps and batteries. Mount for the 6P, just in case. Passive negative ion generator for the helmet is a possibility. Save newspapers and magazines he might like to read and send them every couple weeks.

No matter what, he will be different when he gets home. He will lose some things and gain somethings. You may or may not like him, but staying alive in combat is not a popularity contest.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:45:43 PM EST
i will be heading over there in march, so i expect to get all the new junk when i get in country. i will probably buy my own ACOG though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:47:43 PM EST
He will get the latest in body armor and kevlar helmet. Get him a good fix blade knife and some sort of multi tool.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:49:16 PM EST
If you would like us to send some care packages to him once he is there, just post his shipping info.

We have supported very many soldiers through ARFCOM. I'm sure there are many here that would offer continued support.

My prayers are with him!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:52:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 4:53:52 PM EST by zukem]
You can get PACA body armor from Cavalry Arms in Phoenix. I got a vest and plates from there.
I went with the M95 with PALS webbing in desert tan.

You can also get gear such as the brain bucket and ESS goggles from diamondback tactical in Glendale AZ. You will need to have a copy of his orders to get body armor from diamondback.

Indeed, he will be issued an interceptor with plates though. You are required to have a brain bucket and armor on the MAC flight.

-luke
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:47:40 PM EST
Top Top