Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2008 6:00:32 PM EDT
Will be buying a PS3 for the blu-ray and networking capabilities.  Not really into gaming, because all the new games are way to complicated.  I have a job and family - I don't have hours on end to learn menus and overly complicated plots.  I also think that some of the call to duty and halo type games are a bit disorientating because so much is happening at once.  

So looking for pS3 or PS2 game recommendations for some simple shooting/racing/planes/helicopter/ninja stuff that doesn't trouble me with a plot.  Playability over graphics and features.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Little Big Planet
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the online store.  The game 'pain' is fun as hell.  Easy to learn and fun to play with friends.  Also check out high velocity bowling.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is great. It's not too long, feels like a movie. Plot is there, but it's not something you have to pay perfect attention to so you don't miss anything a la MGS 4 or Fallout 3.

Wipeout HD is FANTASTIC for just straight up racing. $20 from the PS Store, but the game is worth more like $40.

Probably enjoy Call of Duty 5: World at War. Not as crazy as Call of Duty 4, and the coop (especially the Nazi Zombies special mode) is fun as hell.

If you like hack n' slash in big, epic battles, try out Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War. A little known but EXTREMELY addicting and fun game.

I have not gotten Resistance 2 yet, but it's supposed to be exceptionally good.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Orange Box
Metal Gear Solid 4
Resistance: Fall of Man
Fallout 3

Not Out Yet
Resident Evil 5 (survival horror, should be very good) releases in march.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
gta 4. i will never finish this game beacuse it is so easy to loose an hour just hitting cars and killing peops
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top