Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 4:37:28 PM EDT
New work truck I bought does not have any outdoor temp gauge , anyone here use one of those and which one did you get ? Prefer digital with wireless remote .

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]

+

Honestly, I've never needed a thermometer to tell me the temperature outside.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Local truck stop.  They sell ones that plug into the lighter outlet for power and have a sensor you run outside. I used to duct tape the wire to the door frame and zip tie the sensor to the trim at he base of the windshield.  Digital display unit about 1 inch x 3 inches and an alarm that would light up when the temp hit 32 degrees to warn you about icing hazards.  I would use Velcro tape to mount the display to the dash above the steering wheel where I could most easily see it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I was never satisfied with the ones you had to zip tie the wires from thesending unit to the dash.

I just look at my phone now to get the temp for wherever I am.

The only time you really need it is when it's around freezing and you're expecting precipitation.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to a local auto salvage and bought a Gentex 261 mirror and the temperature sending unit for $40. I installed them in my Samurai in about an hour.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Get an informer BL.  The BL means backlit. They have to wired in but aren't that tough to make them look good. Plus they are super accurate and hold up well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top