Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2015 7:54:48 AM EDT
Currently deployed, need to get 2 AR's for my wife and I. However, i need my wife to see the good side to this idea. lol what would you guys say or do?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't recommend "Listen bitch..."
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#2]
No conversation needed.  Just buy two.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#3]
How else will you defend your ten children?

Ok maybe dont lead with that if you dont want a big family....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#4]
"Because we can."

Or "I'll get you one with pink furniture!"
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell her they will be passed down to children y'all have and that you really want consecutive serial numbers. ..but...be careful with this buying two of them.  I did this with my wife and now anytime I buy a gun I have to get two...his and hers.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#6]
"I worry..."

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Tell her they are good investments.  You may not be able to get them in the future, and they'll never be cheaper.  

Buy something that's discontinued and no longer made.  No Walmart models.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Who's gonna cover me while I reload honey?  We're a team, right?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Over watch :

Or

One is none.

Or

One is for party's one is for intimate dinners.

Or

We can hunt together.

Or

Sarah Conner was Hot!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Send them to Orion and get them engraved as "His"  and  "Hers"
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Tell her you wanna get a new M82A1 and show her the price with highend rings and scope.

Then look kinda sheepish and tell her that you don't really want to but you will settle for just two AR's...

Or just do it like most American Males ------------------------- buy them and hide the purchase from the wife.

(I'm in my 26yr as a 01FFL...)

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I believe this falls under the category of household essentials.  Just tell her "we get one new gun for each new pair of shoes & flip flops don't count".
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to the gun store to buy another gun. Be right back. Have dinner ready around 6.

Please sweep the kitchen before I get back. It's looking a bit dirty in there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Honey, look what I got you!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#16]
In the military you work as a trained armed team.

It should be no different at home.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No need. There's a guy on here engraving his own military use lowers that does a great job.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#18]
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Start with "I wear the pants..."
Thats a sure fire argument winner.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Two is one and one is none.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

this.
save the conversations for things like...

" you look like a million bucks, did you color your hair?"

or

" here is $100, why don't you go buy yourself a new dress..."
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh i like this one LOL
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#23]
"As man of the house this is what we ARE going to do...." ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No need. There's a guy on here engraving his own military use lowers that does a great job.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM or post some info
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
View Quote

and this
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#26]
"blah, blah, blah" . . . that's all my wife hears when I talk about guns anyway so might as well cut to the chase.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Use reverse women tactics. But huny, it was on sale, look how much money I saved.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:21:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Who's gonna cover me while I reload honey?  We're a team, right?
View Quote

This is awsome lol and i do like the HIS and HERS idea....
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:24:34 AM EDT
[#30]
It'll be the last ones I get...

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I would just go and buy 2.

I don't need permission.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#32]
"Sorry honey, like shoes, they only come in pairs."

This is AFTER you bought them.  Then you say how you saved so much you have enough left over to take her to a nice dinner.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Tell her they will be passed down to children y'all have and that you really want consecutive serial numbers. ..but...be careful with this buying two of them.  I did this with my wife and now anytime I buy a gun I have to get two...his and hers.

View Quote

That could be said about everything haha.. Even just being with someone means no more solo shopping in my experience.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Don't know how you communicate with her (email, phone, carrier pigeon) but act like she's agreed to it. Now you're just hashing out the details of what to get and the logistics of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Explaining the "need" for firearms to spouses who are not "into guns" can be difficult. Simply buying two guns will not make her prepared or qualified to use one of them should trouble arise and you don't want to be explaining to her how the charging handle works while badguys are rushing up the stairs. You need to convince her of the "need" for a home defense plan for which proper tools and training will become self-apparent.

I know I am going to get an earful from the ladies on this site but it is my belief that women tend to think more about long term security (home, hearth and health) while men tend to consider more immediate threats to that security (storms, fires and badguys). Appeal to her desire for long term security and try not to scare her with the prospect of an imminent threat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Have her watch a couple of weeks of FAUX news. After that she should be sufficiently terrified of everything and away you go.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Amateurs.  
 Sit around quiet and broody, stare off into space, pick at your food for a couple of days.  When she asks what's wrong say, "Nothing."  Then, when she's about to go crazy, say "We need to talk."
At this point she'll think you're leaving. Have a prepared article about a home invasion and explain you're worried and think you need better defense. She'll be so relieved you're not leaving she'll say yes. Might even leverage some anal out of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Amateurs.  
 Sit around quiet and broody, stare off into space, pick at your food for a couple of days.  When she asks what's wrong say, "Nothing."  Then, when she's about to go crazy, say "We need to talk."
At this point she'll think you're leaving. Have a prepared article about a home invasion and explain you're worried and think you need better defense. She'll be so relieved you're not leaving she'll say yes. Might even leverage some anal out of it.
View Quote

^this man knows kung fu.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Amateurs.  

View Quote
</thread>

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I don't recommend "Listen bitch..."
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Just to be clear im not asking for permission nor would either my wife or I need proper clearence to purchse things. I more or less want her to see the good side of owning 2 AR's. We currently have glocks and a SKS. She is in the military like myself. She is not your (appoligies) typical house wife,... she shoots expert with her Rifle, and is just an overall badass. LOL thanks for all the great responses.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#42]
It's a buyer market right now, AR rifles are inexpensive and plentiful…….
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just to be clear im not asking for permission nor would either my wife or I need proper clearence to purchse things. I more or less want her to see the good side of owning 2 AR's. We currently have glocks and a SKS. She is in the military like myself. She is not your (appoligies) typical house wife,... she shoots expert with her Rifle, and is just an overall badass. LOL thanks for all the great responses.
View Quote

So the money angle is your worry?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Save double what two rifles cost. Give her half on the way to the gun store.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Without pics it is difficult to determine whether or not ejection button should be pushed.
Rules are rules.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm afraid i don't see the point of your OP then.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#47]
i would defenetly post pictures but unfortunetly im on a government laptop. Il see what i can do. Anyone got any suggstions on what site to use for pictures that work for this forumn?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Two people, two rifles.

It's fucking science.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#49]
I am getting two ar15 rifle. You welcome to enjoy them with me.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Two people, two rifles.

It's fucking science.
View Quote

SOLD!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top