Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 8:28:20 PM EDT
I was talking to my girlfriend and I brought up taking a mini cruise, something like from California to Mexico, like a 3 or 4 day cruise. She seems very interested as neither one of us have ever taken a cruise before.

What are the does and don'ts, who has good deals, who to stay away from etc? We want to spend less than 1K for this short cruise.

Please give me a heads up and do's and don'ts sort of thing. I'm in AZ so I want something that leaves from California, nothing from Florida or anything, at least not at this time anyway.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
smuggle your own booze on board.  paying $20 for a fucking 6 pack on the ship was absolutely rediculous.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
smuggle your own booze on board.  paying $20 for a fucking 6 pack on the ship was absolutely rediculous.

Thanks, I've been warned of that shit. I will get creative, I must.

BTW, is $20 for a 6 pack an exageration, or is that really about right?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about the west coast but here in the east cost Carnival is like the Walmart of cruse lines and Cunnard is the Macy.  Norweigen and Royal Caribbean fall somewhere in between.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top