Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 6:44:44 AM EDT
I am looking to make some back up copies of DVD's that I already own.  I've got two small children that always seem to find the DVD's and get the better of them.  I've tried using the software that came w/ my computer but no joy.  I recently bought DVD X Copy Platinum because I heard that it was the best but I think that I got hosed - the registration number and password when I try to install the software states that it is for a different product.  Anyway....I suck at computers.   Can anyone give me suggestions on either how to get my software to work or what software to get that will allow me to copy my DVD movies?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I read in newsweek that this freeware is the bomb for backing up your legally-owned dvds.

Just don't use it to copy rented movies. That is bad.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I use dvdshrink since it's free, and Nero to burn since it came with my laptop.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
dvd shrink and nero or other dvd writing software

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]
DVD43, DVD Shrink, and Nero.

All you need.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Many new DVDs are starting to use copy protection in the form of intentional bad sectors and DVD Shrink can't handle them.  In that case, rip the files first with DVD Decrypter and then recompress them with DVD Shrink.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#7]
deleated
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top