Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2001 9:54:27 PM EDT
Ok I wore out my GI Jungle boots so I need to buy a pair of boots what should I buy.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
HI-TECHs

I buy boots ever 2 years,cuz I feel like it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have access to a PX (AAFES), ALTAMA brand are good boots for the money.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
i have tried the altima, none steel toe and not much traction.  they should switch back to the old jungle tread.  hi techs, good boot but the leather has always broke on me above the heal.  my advice would be bates steel toe.  great boot around $75 bucks.  the traction is awesome compared to other boots i was issued.  where i am stationed we hand out bates to everyone that comes in contact with the jets.  they don't slip hardly any compared to the other boots.  just my experiences though!
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.altama.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.bellevilleshoe.com/public/pubhome.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.wellco.com/html/dms_boots.html[/url]

I really like the desert boot.  Very nice hot weather comfort.  Recommended.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.danner.com[/url]
I have worn out more pairs of boots in my life than I care to remember. HI-TECH's last me 6 months as with most. but I still have the first pair of Ft. Lewis Danner's I bought 15 years ago and they are still going strong. well worth the extra $$$
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:50:23 AM EDT
[#7]
If you have the money to spend I would buy the danners I got the arcadia's.  I spent $200 got the insulated ones and I have worn them 5-6 days a week since christmas.  I wore out three pair of hitech's two pair of jungle boots and three pair of issue boots while I was active duty I wish I wouldn't have been so cheap back then and shelled out the cash for these.  I have stood in three inches of water and never gotton cold or wet with them in the summer they stay cool yesterday I wore them for a 9 mile walk pheasant hunting.  I will never short change my feet again.  
john
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 2:46:16 AM EDT
[#8]
prospectors. they a few different models but i chose the ones most like combats. non-steel toe (steel is too heavy) with gore-tex and thinsulate. all laces, no hanks. the tread (sole) is guaranteed forever. if you wear the tread you send them back and they send you newly soled or new boots. they were $200 CAN but they were woth it cause they're the last pair of boots i'll buy. great in the winter. worn em through waist deep snow and deep slush, they keep my feet warm and dry.

buy em.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Altima has got a jungle boot with the ripple sole that I would like to get.  They have both green and black versions.  I absolutley love the ripple sole.  I'm still wearing my Jungles that had over in Shield/Storm but now they are sporting a pair of ripples.

I only have to wear them once a month now, but if I was going to wear them  7 days a week, go with the Danner's or Matterhorns.  I tink there is some good wisdom there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#10]
...best thing i have ever done to my feet was to buy a pair of these:

[url]www.uscav.com/shop/uscitemdetail.asp?stk_code=WA17673[/url]

last year's openning of buck season, i overheard 8 different hunters (on a motorolla) leave early because of cold feet, i wore these and a pair of  white cotton socks, and was [b]toasty-warm[/b] the whole day!
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Does anybody have a web sit where I can get some Bates at?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Matterhorn or Danner.  I have a pair of each.  Almost indestructible.  Well worth the $$$.

Eddie
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
i have both matterhorns and danners.  a great boot but i cant were them long.  both of my pairs are insulated.  if your not out in the cold much the feet get hot.  they are issue boots here in alaska but i choose to were the bates steel toe.  much lighter than my matterhorns, though a little cold if your out in the -32 degreee weather.  btw, i were an 8 1/2 and thats what i requested.  they run BIG at least the insulated ones, try em on.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#15]
[url]http://www.us-elitegear.com/images/Corcoran%20Marauder%20large.htm[/url]
Comfortable and warm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top