Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 3:29:10 AM EDT
It occurs to me that it might be a wise move to go online to pay my bills.  Mail service is close to, or at least vunerable to disruption, at least a temporary one.
Who has experience with an online bill paying service?  I pay sizable principle payments each month on my mortgage, in addition to my regular payment.  Is it possible to set up for this through a service so that the principal payment is credited properly?

Links to reliable, trustworthy services would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:39:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been using Netbank for about 2 years.  It is great.  No charges for ATM's (on their side) and there bill pays are very reliable.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been using the service offered by Bank of America. It takes me longer to sort the bills out on the desk than it does to actually pay them. My car payment and student loan are set up to go automatically and I never even see them any more.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I (mainly my wife) have been paying bills online through Chase Bank for 5 years.  She swears by it.  A couple of thinks to note:

1) Remember there is a delay in payment, just like the Post Office.  Remember to pay the bill in plenty of time for it to reach the vendor.  Paying on a certain date does not mean you are credited that date!

2) If your internet service is down.  You cannot pay bills.

3)  If you use the "automatic" function, be sure money is in the bank to cover automatic deductions.

4) make sure your service (almost all are anyway) uses encryption.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top