Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 6:23:08 PM EDT
We are wiser in the aggregate than is any of us singly. The local news says there are refugees from New Orleans and points east washed up in my town, staying in church halls, et c. I can give 4 (comfortably) up to 12 (tight) a place in my home, with a phone line, hot water, high-speed internet, food, et c. Shall I call the refugee centers tomorrow morning and volunteer my house, or not?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
We are wiser in the aggregate than is any of us singly.  

Have you been drinking?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
only people you know
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#3]
depends,
1. do you own anything of value?
2. are you suicidal?

eta: j/k but i think i'd drive down there and pick out ppl who look like they are in need and won't kill me in my sleep.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
only if they can meet local hotel rates
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you been drinking?

Nice offer, but you would have to be very carefull on who enters your home. IMO, only people you know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If I was able to do it, I would.  There are a lot of people that need help and have nothing left to their lives.  I'm sure that at this time a little kindness would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We are wiser in the aggregate than is any of us singly. The local news says there are refugees from New Orleans and points east washed up in my town, staying in church halls, et c. I can give 4 (comfortably) up to 12 (tight) a place in my home, with a phone line, hot water, high-speed internet, food, et c. Shall I call the refugee centers tomorrow morning and volunteer my house, or not?

Bad idea, unless its a fellow arfcom member that is known to be honest or people that you know.  You might come home one day and find your house looted otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you been drinking?

I am well-acquainted with the tenses and persons of the verb "to be." E.g. "any of us" calls for a singular verb, even if the verb is "to be."
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe he's looking for clients.

Need to do a map check - the hurricane didn't blow Florida into New Mexico, did it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
hot chicks are welcome at my "shelter"
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Maybe he's looking for clients.

Need to do a map check - the hurricane didn't blow Florida into New Mexico, did it?

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wasted all that money on a doctoral degree! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you been drinking?

It's fancy attorney talk for "hive mind."  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#13]

How about not just no, but no fucking way...

AR15 members are a different story.  Let FEMA take care of them with a tent city just like they did after Andrew.  You have worked hard for your things.  No need to have them stolen now...

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#14]
yes, but of course only hot 19year old babes are allowed!

plus that way you can "pack more in"

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably a bad idea. Good thought though, but I'd leave that stuff to the .gov at this point. People may need it later.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd be willing to take some canned goods and water to the church, maybe even my coleman stove and heat the food
but letting complete strangers into my house when they have a roof over their head is a bad idea
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'd be willing to take some canned goods and water to the church, maybe even my coleman stove and heat the food
but letting complete strangers into my house when they have a roof over their head is a bad idea

Good idea.

I also say no unless you know the people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top