Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:58:51 PM EDT
Well picked up a brewing system the other day, all I'm missing is a co2 tank and a regulator.

Then my dad gives me an oxygen tank, one that's not quite waist high painted green.... it's been unused and empty for a year.... was from one of his clients a long time ago.

I'm hopeing I can pull the valve off this tank and install one that'll allow it to be filled with CO2 to use with a keg system...... anyone know of a place where I could find such a fitting?

After I get it setup, I am going to get it inspeccted to verify that it holds presssure.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:03:08 PM EDT
I'd be surprised if you could get an O2 bottle filled with CO2. Very surprised. But you can probably trade it for a proper tank. Be careful, though. Some oxygen tank sizes are deemed "rental only" and it could be confiscated. Might want to check it out before hauling it in. Wish I had more info, but somebody here surely does.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:03:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 8:04:30 PM EDT by motopix]
I've got a pressure regulator (show remaining gas and pressure you're pumping) that I'd like to get rid of. Make me a reasonable offer, no idea what it's worth. I don't think I can ship you the empty CO2 bottle.

Got a 5 gallon (?) soda keg too. God knows it probably needs some serious cleaning though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:06:34 PM EDT
Not going to happen. To prevent danger from substitution of contents, valves are not commonly available...IIRC, you need a CGA 320 service. Threads are slightly different on oxygen, IIRC that is a .854" x 14 where CGA 320 is 0.825 x 14.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:06:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motopix:
I've got a pressure regulator (show remaining gas and pressure you're pumping) that I'd like to get rid of. Make me a reasonable offer, no idea what it's worth. I don't think I can ship you the empty CO2 bottle.

Got a 5 gallon (?) soda keg too. God knows it probably needs some serious cleaning though.

PM Sent
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:10:28 PM EDT
Your better off buying a CO2 cylinder made for the job.

That old O2 cylinder likely needs to be fully hydro tested and recertified.

Also most suppliers won't fill a tank they did not lease out or one that has another suppliers ID on it.

There are also D.O.T. issues for transporting a cylinder that is mis labeled.

Buying the proper tank/valve assy is much cheaper in the long run.
Top Top