Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 1:46:32 PM EDT
Have no holster for it so I am currently CCW-less .  I ordered a Don Hume from Kahr's site, but apparently they don't actually stock anything and just order to from the manufacturer then ship to me.  Waited 3 weeks then cancelled order.  Need a right hand, IWB holster that will add as little to the thickness as possible (bought it in large due to its slim profile).
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the FIST kydex holsters for my Kahrs (pm9 and pm40).  Just go to academy and get a cheapie uncle mikes or something until your good rig comes in.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
No Academy's here?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I used a Don Hume with my CW40. Just a clip on the belt IWB model.

It was REALLY comfortable.

I'd see if you can find one used.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Get one of these.... they conceal very well and are worth every penny. I know the production time says 8 days, but mine only took about 3.

EXTREMELY comfortable, conceals well (even with a full size gun), and does not add much thickness. I highly recommend.

ETA: Left out link . Here you go.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
They had a bunch of Alessi clip on in stock a couple weeks ago. Probably around the time you ordered. They may still have some, check it out.  

edited to add, you have to call them on them as they are not on their web site.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I used a Don Hume with my CW40. Just a clip on the belt IWB model.

It was REALLY comfortable.

I'd see if you can find one used.

That's what I ordered from the Kahr store.  I can't find any used on arfcom, and google returns little for the P45 model...lots for the others, but not so much the P45.

this is what i ordered, then cancelled...

It'd be nice if I could buy from a place that actually stocked this holster.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Check out the MTAC from Comp-tac.  Don't let the look of it fool you, it's comfortable.

I have one for a Glock 32 and a HK P30.. not a complaint!

MTAC from Comp-Tac

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Check out the MTAC from Comp-tac.  Don't let the look of it fool you, it's comfortable.

I have one for a Glock 32 and a HK P30.. not a complaint!

MTAC from Comp-Tac

Yeah, I'm keeping that as a backup option.  I had one of those for a Glock 19 and it wasn't bad given the blockiness of the Glock.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I also thought about getting a belly band, but dont know how I feel about the idea of removing the loaded gun from the band when done carrying.  I prefer to just leave it in its holster.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#10]
for thin, I would go with a Comp-Tac (CTAC or MTAC) or a Fist Inc. holster.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Those Fist Inc holsters look nice, but I figure they're probably made to order which equals significant wait.  A P45 holster isn't something that most smaller holster makers are likely to keep in stock.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got an Alessi IWB for my P9 and love it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Final bump....bonus points for in stock and can have within a week (no funshops around here have a good holster selection).
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:46:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Comp-Tac MTAC/

I got the body for the PM9/PM40 and it fits the PM45 as well.  One holster for three of my Kahrs!  My E9 even fits!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone know if a holster for a P40 will work for the P45?  Is the slide the same dimensions?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Depends on the holster.

The MTAC has the leather back with only a 1/2 Kydex shell.  This allows for the leather to 'stretch' to accomadate the extra thickness of the .45.  Like I said, I use a single MTAC holster (get the slide version) and it holds my E9, PM9, PM40 and PM45...

The leather does not 'stretch' too much either; meaning I can carry my PM45 for a month and then switch back to the PM9 and the holster will still retain with security...  Since it is an IWB, your body keeps the weapon tight into the holster.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah I just went ahead and ordered the MTAC for the P45...they only have an 8 day wait vs months for a lot of the holster shops and I know they've worked well for other guys I've owned...oh well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:47:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah I just went ahead and ordered the MTAC for the P45...they only have an 8 day wait vs months for a lot of the holster shops and I know they've worked well for other guys I've owned...oh well.

Good choice. I have an MTAC for my CW45 and love it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I bet you'll have it quicker than that.  All my holsters showed up in about half the time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I also thought about getting a belly band, but dont know how I feel about the idea of removing the loaded gun from the band when done carrying.  I prefer to just leave it in its holster.

Then you don't want leather, stick with kydex if you plan on leaving it in the holster for long periods.

I have heard good thing about the Comp-tac line.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I like the FIST kydex holsters for my Kahrs (pm9 and pm40).  Just go to academy and get a cheapie uncle mikes or something until your good rig comes in.

You'll love the Don Hume and a +1 for FIST - I have the ultra thin kydex IWB for my PM40.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Those Fist Inc holsters look nice, but I figure they're probably made to order which equals significant wait.  A P45 holster isn't something that most smaller holster makers are likely to keep in stock.

Contact them, I remember I got mine fairly quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top