Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 4:26:19 PM EDT
I am looking for a quality program that is either FREE or low cost (below 30$) that will find and destroy all that bad stuff that gets on your pc. I tried using AVG free edition but i do not like it because it gives you no options after it detects the bad files. I still have Ad-Aware SE personal and it does an ok job for spyware.

I need something new and powerful. My pc has been running slow the last week or so and nothing I have can find the problem. I have looked through google but there are so many programs out there and I dont know alot about computers so I just cant pick one.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I think there are online site that will scan your box for stuff.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think there are online site that will scan your box for stuff.

yeah but i need something that can fix it too. I am not computer smart enough to fix it myself after it locates the problems. I might kill my pc.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a program from zonelabs.  Everytime I run adaware it comes up clean.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]
There is increasing evidence that no single anti-spyware program detects all malware.  The best do about 80% detection.

I run Adaware and Spybot S&D because they are both free, but I have seen one detect stuff the other did not.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
McAfee Stinger - FREE

or go to McAfee and then use their web based scanner
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top