Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/26/2004 10:06:25 AM EST
I am looking for a fairly cheap (< $100), fixed tree stand, but it has to be sturdy. I think I want one with a ratchet strap attachment system because they seem to be a little more secure than the chain models. Has anybody used any of the Remington models www.remingtontreestand.com/threehundredmag.html. The price where I live is $100, and it looks like it has a couple extra features compared to some of the others that are out there. If I wait until after deer season how much can I expect to save as stores try to get rid of their inventory?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:12:23 AM EST
I just picked up a climbing tree stand for $169 from Dicks sporting goods. It's extreamly sturdy, is very comfortable and has all sorts of padding to keep things quite. There was a cheap climbing stand for $99. They also had fixed tree stands but the selection they had looked cheap. I didn't see much of a difference between the $39 and the $99 one. The Remington that you show looks better than any of the fixed stands that I saw...but I would take my climbing stand over it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:03:13 PM EST
You can get a 15' Strongbuilt for about $70. Then get one of those starp on chairs to sit on. The stands can get uncomfortable after while. Try Bass Pro.
Top Top