Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 10/15/2008 5:26:25 PM EDT
Ok so as the title suggests I need a cheap electric that will work ok for Metal/Rock while still stock.

Nothing fancy or great sounding just a beater I can use tell my uncle has the time to ship all my stuff to me (probably will be a few months) and I can get my Ibanez back.

I've looked on Craigslist for my area but not a whole lot to choose from.

So does anyone know any places online selling a guitar cheap for my purposes?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:41:02 PM EDT
Have you checked e-bay?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:15:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TodaysTomSawyer:
Have you checked e-bay?

I have but I'm wary of buying from there since relatives/friends have had bad experiences using it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:15:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TodaysTomSawyer:
Have you checked e-bay?

I have but I'm wary of buying from there since relatives/friends have had bad experiences using it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:08:02 AM EDT
If you snag a cheap, but not bottom of the barrel, ESP/LTD, Schecter, or Ibanez off of Musciansfriend.com, you should have a decent inexpensive guitar that you can upgrade over time into a nice backup guitar or just something different to play. The bottom of the line usually has a cheap neck and body, a little better and it has a good base even if you need to upgrade the electronics, bridge, machines, etc over time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:50:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 9:31:35 PM EDT
My favorite guitars for metal are Jacksons. Try looking at their JS30 models. Maybe a Dinky or Soloist JS30. Those are the cheapest ones they offer I think.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:19:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Daytona955i:
If you snag a cheap, but not bottom of the barrel, ESP/LTD, Schecter, or Ibanez off of Musciansfriend.com, you should have a decent inexpensive guitar that you can upgrade over time into a nice backup guitar or just something different to play. The bottom of the line usually has a cheap neck and body, a little better and it has a good base even if you need to upgrade the electronics, bridge, machines, etc over time.

A friend of mine has had good luck on Ebay. He's scored some decent ESPs & LTDs off of there for around the $200 - $300 neighborhood. A couple are even neck throughs.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:39:42 PM EDT
Your basic ESP LTD's are going to be one of your better choices. Even a low line tun-o-matic bridge will keep the guitar intonated and in tune pretty well and the LTD's quality is good for the price.
You should be able to find some nice deals on Craiglist. I see them all the time here in Atlanta.

ESP LTD H51
Top Top